SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 03-24-2014   #3961
furythehog
The Emblem Guy!

I second Scizor's suggestion, you can't even really use the timer left, even if you account for things like extra time and such, you can't accurately account for the egg capsule very well, since its different time for different sphere requirements and that freezes the time left timer, but not the actual timer.
furythehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #3962
Nekoishi
Is actually

Make SS7 harder; I shouldn't be able to get an A rank when I get hit like 5 times.
Spoiler:
http://puu.sh/mtIMI.png
Nekoishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #3963
MascaraSnake
Retired

Getting hit only makes you lose time, as long as you keep your link it has no effect on your rank. So I don't see why this is a problem.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #3964
Nekoishi
Is actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
Getting hit only makes you lose time, as long as you keep your link it has no effect on your rank. So I don't see why this is a problem.
It means you have less time to build up the link, which means you're basically losing points due to it.
Old 03-24-2014   #3965
K.S.
Formerly Inuyasha
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor300 View Post
You should consider adding a timer to the NiGHTS stages during record attack. It's pretty irritating that you're unable to determine how much time you actually have left to make the record, only to finish and discover you were a good ten or twenty seconds off.
I thought about doing this a while ago, but I didn't know where would be the best place to put it without it getting too cluttered.
K.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #3966
Unknownlight

Don't make SS7 harder. It's great as it is. People who want insane challenge can go A-rank Black Hole. I still have yet to do it.

As for the timer, I suppose you can just put a small one in the bottom left corner. It doesn't have to be big and obvious, it's just for people attempting Time Attack.

Last edited by Unknownlight; 03-24-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Unknownlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #3967
Puppyfaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 犬夜叉 View Post
I thought about doing this a while ago, but I didn't know where would be the best place to put it without it getting too cluttered.
Could you not fit a small time display under or above the actual timer?
Puppyfaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #3968
Scizor300
footure semen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 犬夜叉 View Post
Placing it under the actual timer or to the bottom right might work. It's probably going to make the screen look a bit cluttered either way.

<+Scizor300> i got kicked from #srb2fun from enraging rob with terrible christmas songs
<+Scizor300> my life is complete
sciz 4 stjr: i'm gonna make america cool again
Scizor300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #3969
Mystic
チェン!

I'd like to note for those of you who find A rank easy: there is a secret rank above A. Try for that instead and you'll find that getting hit five times most definitely puts you out of the running =P
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #3970
Unknownlight

Just curious, how come you made the secret rank a "rainbow A" instead of an S like the regular Sonic games?
Old 03-24-2014   #3971
Fred
Formerly known as 'Neo'

Because if they had made it an S, you'd be complaining about how stupid it is to have an "A" emblem when A isn't even the highest mark you can get.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #3972
Mystic
チェン!

I also personally find S rank to sound really stupid. It was originally intended to be an A+, but it turns out that A+ isn't a global concept, and we're trying to keep things as universal as possible.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #3973
Nekoishi
Is actually

I know there's a rainbow A rank, but I don't feel like it's worth going for them because there isn't a reward for doing so.

Also, Black Hole is complete bullshit.

Happy 200th page for those who use default forum settings, by the way.
Old 03-25-2014   #3974
Kaysakado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoishi View Post
I know there's a rainbow A rank, but I don't feel like it's worth going for them because there isn't a reward for doing so.

Also, Black Hole is complete bullshit.

Happy 200th page for those who use default forum settings, by the way.
Yeah, it sucks when one challenge isn't hard enough for you, but you don't want to do the difficult challenges, right?

Black Hole's obstacles are more predictable and forgiving than SS7. You just have a much stricter time limit, which is... what you were asking for in the first place for SS7?
Kaysakado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #3975
Senku Niola
Drifting Golden Swordsman

Swimming still continues to use only 2 ability frames, please boost it to use all 6.
Senku Niola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #3976
r543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoishi View Post
Make SS7 harder; I shouldn't be able to get an A rank when I get hit like 5 times.
Spoiler:
It's already hard enough. If you want a extra challenge, then get the Rainbow A rank. It doesn't give something because its one of the hardest challenges in the game and not everyone can do it. A Rank on special stages is needed for all emblems, which unlock something.
r543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #3977
Nekoishi
Is actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by r543 View Post
It's already hard enough. If you want a extra challenge, then get the Rainbow A rank. It doesn't give something because its one of the hardest challenges in the game and not everyone can do it. A Rank on special stages is needed for all emblems, which unlock something.
I'd probably go for Rainbow A on everything if there was an actual reward for it, but otherwise I'm just too lazy (and busy playing other things)

Speaking of which, add an incentive for getting rainbow A on everything? like a secret cutscene or something?
Old 03-26-2014   #3978
VirtualBlitz546

Hmmmmm..... I don't know, maybe getting rainbow A on all SS may reward you the "Show your mastery of NiGHTS mode or however it is called!" emblem.....
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #3979
Vash

Then it'd be too difficult to get all 160 emblems. Remember, the game is meant to be 100%-able for more than 3 people.
For some reason, my connection just disconnected 27 freaking times on August 27th for no reason. (Oh, wow.. XD 27 pings on August 27th)
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #3980
Unknownlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBlitz546 View Post
Hmmmmm..... I don't know, maybe getting rainbow A on all SS may reward you the "Show your mastery of NiGHTS mode or however it is called!" emblem.....
You get that one for completing Black Hole.

...You know how Black Hole has you getting that fake black emerald inside the stage? Would it be possible to replace the black emerald with the NiGHTS Mastery emblem?