More than one tune for level packs? (Confusing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Segmint

What I mean is, if you were to make a level pack, each with its own track, would you be able to have different generic sounds for them? For example, if I want to have a different 1up or Speed Shoe track for each map in my level pack, would it work or just overwrite itself, and use only one?

Sorry if this is confusing, because I'm a retard when it comes to explaining things I need help with.

Try fooling around with scripts. You might include several music wads, each having your music. At the level's start, you could try adding them with scripts.

Of course, I can't tell you if that modifies the game or not, or even works in the first place, so.....

It probably would, unless there was a way to make a certain wad addable without modifying the game (although that's unnecissary). I feel it could be done with SOCs, but because I have SOC dyslexia, I would have no idea where to go about doing it.

No, you don't understand. If I were to use freeslots, how would I be able to make a certain map use that certain slot for say, invincibility or speed shoes? (Not the actual level music)

Not possible by any way I can think of. SOCs for individual levels is good for quite a bit of stuff, but alas, not altering music like that.

Make your own monitors (1 of each kind per level), and make it play a different music/sfx in each one

Another question.

How do I use a TEXTURE2 lump? Do I create a different PNAMES lump? And, what's the point of using a TEXTURE2?

I would recommend SlumpED for adding textures. SlumpED doesn't try to automatically "fix" it.

Torgo said:
Once you put the textures in, convert to DOOM Gfx by right clicking the picture file.

After you did that, there should be a Add to TEXTURE1 when you right click the texture.

Once that is done, you should see new lumps with PNAMES and TEXTURE1.

Now rename TEXTURE1 to TEXTURE2.

*In the TEXTURE2 lump delete all the textures except the ones you put in. You can do this faster by clicking the delete button once, then press enter a bunch of times

Then you should be able to use your textures and see them with your map editor.

*NOTE you can just leave TEXTURE2 as is, but it will just be bigger size. I just tested deleting the other textures in the TEXTURE2 lump and all the regular textures in normal srb2 still worked.

TEXTURE2 can be used if you don't want to mess with the textures ingame.

I accidentally asked the question in the wrong topic, but whatever. Thanks, but I don't need all of the main SRB2 textures with a TEXTURE2 lump, right? This way, PNAMES only uses mine... right?

I wouldn't recommend deleting the srb2 texture names in PNAMES, the textures that you deleted in the PNAMES wont show. You can delete all the srb2 textures in TEXTURE2 and still be able to use srb2 textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back