Oh Dear God. YuGiOh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

True liar.
Me and a friend of mine watched The Abridged Series (oh yeah!), and suddenly have urges to play the card game.

You read right.

So I cracked open my old "gold book of wonders" (some folder I put cards in), rebuilt my deck (And I'm willing to spend £5 on a Black Skull Dragon (MY ABSOLUELY FAVOURTEST CARD EVER) on eBay, since my brother GAVE mine away without even asking me), and was surprised at some of the stuff I found.

Horus the Black Flame Dragon, lolz. Badass. Dark Paladin. SOme pretty damn rare stuff.

Anyone else play/have an interest? It's still a pretty fun game, imo.

Meh. I didn't ever touch the cards, but I played a random spin-off PS2 game subtitled Capsule Monster Coliseum. It was really fun, though I doubt it related to the series at all.

Actually, the card game is quite fun. Theres a club at school for it. It is a very complex and challenging. Whats more, each card does a different thing. Plus the artwork isnt half bad. It requires a few braincells to master.

When I watch the new Yu-gi-oh 5D's I have the feeling of playing it so I open up the ds emulator and play that yu-gi-oh gx tournament 2008. I forgot what it was called. Anyways it's no cheat with save states so pretty much yea, I do get the feeling.

The videogames have nothing on the actual card game. The series on TV isn't in my interests.. just the card game.

It requires a few braincells to master.

I can agree. I spent an hour putting myself a new deck together. :x (52 cards, the highlight of this deck is Horus the Black Flame Dragon level 4, 6 and 8)

Last game I played lasted an hour. We just gave up. Complete stalemate. Too long ago.

Naga said:
The videogames have nothing on the actual card game

Actually they do. They have the same cards as you do in real life, you collect cards like you do in real life, you have the same rules as you do in real life, you can go against cpu's with their own type of strategy, and you can go against your friends.

Capsule Monsters = bad
Dungeon Dice = bad
Anime = WTFH4X!?!
RL Card Game = expensive as hell
VG card game = one buy, all cards at release of game

VGCG is monetarily better. also... I don't just play, I design! (Click here)

My WC'08 cart has all cards unlocked, and a powerful LV monster deck, I have beaten D-heroes with it many times (20+).

Below is that deck:
[spoiler:e622fc5ed1="Post Shrinking"]Banlist Used: Up to 1 Forbidden[spoiler:e622fc5ed1="Monsters"]Armed Dragon LV3
Armed Dragon LV5
Armed Dragon LV7
Armed Dragon LV10
Dark Mimic LV1
Dark Mimic LV3
Destiny Hero - Defender
Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV4
Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6
Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8
Mystic Swordsman LV2
Mystic Swordsman LV4
Mystic Swordsman LV6
Silent Magician LV4
Silent Magician LV8
Silent Swordsman LV3
Silent Swordsman LV5
Silent Swordsman LV7
Obelisk the Tormentor
Black Luster - Soldier Envoy of the Beginning or Fiber Jar alternating daily.[/spoiler:e622fc5ed1][spoiler:e622fc5ed1="Spells"]Enchanted Arrow x3
Ground Collapse
Level Modulation x3
Level Up! x3
Premature Burial
Stray Lambs x3
The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension x3
[/spoiler:e622fc5ed1][spoiler:e622fc5ed1="Traps"]Royal Decree x2
Solemn Wishes[/spoiler:e622fc5ed1][/spoiler:e622fc5ed1]

No. Never. I acctualy found it to be rather nerdy and annoying when these kids with coke can glasses and pipmles everywhere kept asking you to play and calling you names when you told them that you hated anime and the damn card games that come with it.

Then they would go to far and I would kick their decks that they had lying on the ground. Then laugh. Then leave.

Nathan, what do you have against anime and people?

Guys I once had Magic cylinder , Gaia the fierce Knight , Gradius (and actual real card referenced the classic shooter game(It had the vic viper on it.)! )and dark magician. Good times. Good times.

And some of the games did have the feel of the real card game. In fact, in one gba game, You could actually put YOUR deck in the game via codes on the bottom of the Real life cards.

Cue said:
Chrispy said:
I have a dark magician girl :D

I have the 3 Egyptian God cards :D

I recall overpowering a Winged Dragon fo Ra using a Black Skull Dragon. :D

I just stockpiled a tonne of power-up cards and kept the stuff needed for fusion in my hand, and hoped to hell the guy I was against didn't use card destruction. (After I won, turns out it was the VERY next card he was gonna draw)

No. Never. I acctualy found it to be rather nerdy and annoying when these kids with coke can glasses and pipmles everywhere kept asking you to play and calling you names when you told them that you hated anime and the damn card games that come with it.

Obsessors are annoying, yeah. In middle school I was asked several times to duel (more often than not, "no", but occasionally someone would interest me).

Then they would go to far and I would kick their decks that they had lying on the ground. Then laugh. Then leave.

And that's just plain being an asshole.

Naga said:
Me and a friend of mine watched The Abridged Series (oh yeah!).

I am not sure if I should thank you for this or hate your for giving me another quote spouting, LK fanboying idiot to deal with.

I have about the same story as Naga. I'm honestly not that good at the card game, but it's still really fun to play. Myself and a few friends have actually made up a few rules for three-way games.

Though I find that a number of the cards seem to be worded in such a way that we have to think a bit to figure out how certain card effects would combine. (Cyberdark Horn equips a dragon and gains its attack power, Sword Hunter equips every enemy it kills and gains 200 attack power. If I use Tailor of the Fickle to steal Cyberdark Horn's equipped dragon, and give it to Sword Hunter, does Sword Hunter gain 200 ATK, or the ATK of the dragon?)

crazy escape said:
Nathan, what do you have against anime and people?

First off, I hate people, I don't know why, but I hate people the first time I meet them. I'm an asshole, I know.

Secondly, I hate most anime because it SUCKS. Especialy ones that come with card games. And since where I went to school, you were either an anime nerd or someone everyone liked, I kept getting stuck in the middle with the anime freaks trying to get me to join them. I got biased. There are a few anime movies (Note, movies, not shows.) that i've found nice, but mostly not. :P

Anyways, i've always found Yu-Gi-Oh to be a nerdy game anyways. I've never seen anyone who wasn't 100% obsessed with it.

crazy escape said:
Cue said:
Chrispy said:
I have a dark magician girl :D

I have the 3 Egyptian God cards :D

now someones going to pop up with all the parts of exodia and undoubtedly win this topic.
I don't, but my friend does.
As for the card game, I never got into it, I wanted to but It was a bit to costly for me (I was 10-12 years old when I started).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back