A Fairly Odd Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Live Action Movie featuring Drake Bell as Timmy Turner. (Who also starred in the show:Drake and Josh)

Nickelodeon has announced a live-action adaptation of The Fairly OddParents is in production, and is set to premiere on Nickelodeon in 2011. Titled A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner, the movie will feature Drake & Josh star Drake Bell as a grown-up Timmy Turner; Daniella Monet as Tootie; and Jason Alexander and Cheryl Hines as Cosmo and Wanda, Timmy's fairy godparents. The plot of the movie features a 23-year old Timmy still in fifth grade because a child will lose his fairy godparents as soon as he "grows up." Things are complicated by a grown-up Tootie returning to town as a gorgeous grown-up and by Hugh J. Magnate (Steven Weber) attempting to capture Cosmo and Wanda for his own nefarious purposes.

http://www.toonzone.net/news/articl...parents-live-action-movie-to-premiere-in-2011
100723drakebell1.jpg

I actually watched the Fairly Odd Parents series. It was something nice to watch on TV since every other channel had crap on.

Drake Bell as Timmy? Some people are already saying it's going to be good because of that.

SATURDAY JULY 9th: 8pm est - MOVIE ON

Last edited:
I want the kid who played Goku in DragonBall: Evolution to play as Timmy; at least he can do the hair style right. Looks good, but I'm still waiting to see SpongeBob Squarepants: The live Action movie.

Nono, you're missing the point.

Jason Alexander as Cosmo. How do you not absolutely fucking love that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Alexander

So I did a quick Wikipedia search. Eh, I don't watch Seinfield so I wouldn't know.
Wait, I thought when a kid turns eighteen years old they lose there godparents. Ooh, I smell Plothole!
I'm betting that's one of the main points of the movie. Timmy doing some trick to keep his fairies. One side effect is staying in 5th grade forever.

I wonder how Cosmo and Wanda will float. I hate magical effects; they ruin Live Action Movies for me. I wouldn't mind them so much if they were in their carton form, like in that one episode of Ned's Declassified [offtopic]Which was a great show By the Way[/offtopic], but I higly doubt they would do that.

...Are you KIDDING me!?

I mean, yeah, I agree that Fairly OddParents is of a good enough caliber to deserve a live action movie, but I simply can't see how it could possibly work. The whole show has a kind of quirky absurdism and slapstick comedy that I can't envision ever being able to make the leap from animation to live action. The fact that they are screwing so heavily with the premise of the show certainly won't help matters.

My money is on this turning out even worse than The Last Airbender.

Seems kind of weird for a 23 year old to still be in the fifth grade. Jason Alexander? FUCK YEAH. Lets hope the live - action fairy thing works. But I think this might be IT. The movie that ends fairly Odd Parents. I mean, it's been around for about 10 years almost. Its a great show, but Nickelodeon hasn't shown many new episodes recently so this might be the end of The Fairly Odd Parents.

Oh man, I didn't catch that Jason Alexander would be playing Cosmo in my first readthrough. In a twisted way, that's totally epic.

Well then... I am certainly glad that I don't like this show anymore.

I mean I cant be the only one that hated that extremely stiff animation. The prospect of the show on the other hand.... I admit to liking the show before they started ruining it with ridiculous plots like these.

I mean it. I do wish the show had had better animation and character design.

But this movie is extremely..... weird in all honesty. Tootie coming back as a beautiful young woman, Drake Bell as 23 year old in grade school, no Crocker....

That makes me wonder...Who is playing Tootie?

Autosaver's link said:
...when Tootie, (Daniella Monet,Victorious) a formerly nerdy girl who’s always had a crush on Timmy, returns to town as a gorgeous grown-up, Timmy finds himself having very adult feelings for her...

Okay, they had to screw with a decent show? I'm with D00D64 on this one.

Never mind. I skimmed through the cast and skipped the part where Daniella Monet plays Tootie... Hmmm.... And she is...?

Never mind. I skimmed through the cast and skipped the part where Daniella Monet plays Tootie... Hmmm.... And she is...?

Never watched the show, but a live-action movie of some kid with Fairy Godparents? But in the actors supposed to be in college (he's 23, right?)? WHAT?

What the hell?

Now I am REALLY confused. She looks NOTHING like a Tootie. Which is interesting since Drake Bell in that pink jacket and hat actually looks magically like an adult Timmy Turner.

And that in itself has me scratching my head.

I don't know what to think about this. However live action fairies will be handled quite similar to The Tooth Fairy I am sure. And I hated that movie.

Jason Alexander on the other hand...... Eh.... I don't know.

Daniella Monet looks to fit the part. If you'll recall, this is Tootie. She needs to get the geeky, squirmy-ness out of the way in order to be a love interest, but still retain some of her quirky charm. Monet looks perfect for the job.

That, and we haven't seen her in-costume yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back