Any 'OH SO USEFUL!!!' Commands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS # 1

One Rude Dewd.
Im talking about commands like how to force someone to join red or blue.... well, I need some. Also, some variables too.

Last edited:
The bind command is useful as well. Although i cant use it.
I believe it went like this...EXAMPLE
bind h "say hi"
something of the sort.

Here's a list of commands I use often:
nodes (This tells you player numbers which is useful for sayto and kick/ban)
Kick <number>
Sayto <number>
Tunes <number>
Chasecam <1 or 0> (This changes the camera between first person and third person)
changeteam <blue red or spectator>
serverteamchange <blue red spectator>

Those are the ones that I use a lot and are quite useful.

orderpizza -size <value> -address <value> -toppings <value>

Callum has ordered a delicious pizza.

Code:
QUIT
EXITGAME
EXITLEVEL
QUIT is useful for quitting the game quickly without that annoying "This game should not be sold!" message. EXITGAME is good for exiting an SP/netgame quickly. EXITLEVEL is good for exiting a level in a netgame.

Also
Sky the Destroyer said:
srb2kirbyo said:
Sure Serverchangeteam (or was it Serverteamchange)

I can never remember, I think it is the 2nd one.
It's SERVERTEAMCHANGE.
You corrected him wrong, it's SERVERCHANGETEAM. Useful for making spectators join the game.

Last edited:
Callum, you need to explain what is the command for.

Okay, ahem... orderpizza is useful to introduce LULZ in the netgames.

That's it.

Well, it delivers pizza to your doorstep. Granted, you need to give it not just your address, but your postal code, city and country as well (kinda risky for the people who are too pedantic about giving away information to things they are unsure about) but the pizzas are delicious, I can assure you. =) No need to get up and call the local pizza place, its delivered to your door in minutes without any fuss.

well ahem.
Cheats 1/0
Setrings 120/999 (Its useful when n00bs fall in the special stages)
Chasecam 1/0
Setlives 5/12 (i usually use 5 or 12)
serverchangeteam red/blue/spec (ctf) it/notit (Tag or HnS)

well ahem.
Cheats 1/0
Setrings 120/999 (Its useful when n00bs fall in the special stages)
Chasecam 1/0 (PURE WIN FOR ERZ)
Setlives 5/12 (i usually use 5 or 12)
serverchangeteam red/blue/spec (ctf) it/notit (Tag or HnS)

I find a snarky comment relating to lack of skill more useful for that then cheating, but that's just me.

The it/notit doesn't work too well for Tag though, the game doesn't let you force it on noobs who spectate to avoid it if hidetime is up. Hopefully that'll be fixed for 2.0.5...

Code:
QUIT
EXITGAME
EXITLEVEL
QUIT is useful for quitting the game quickly without that annoying "This game should not be sold!" message. EXITGAME is good for exiting an SP/netgame quickly. EXITLEVEL is good for exiting a level in a netgame.

Also

You corrected him wrong, it's SERVERCHANGETEAM. Useful for making spectators join the game.

Also, you could use Alt+F4

Code:
CSAY
NODES
KICK
PING
CSAY pulls up a message in the center of the screen
NODES displays everyone in the netgame. Useful for finding out who's spectating.
KICK kicks an annoying person outta the game
PING....well that speaks for itself. It checks the ping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Server administration commands:
BAN - bans the specified player
CLEARBANS - clears the ban list.
SHOWBANLIST - Shows a list of IP addresses currently banned from your server.
RELOADBANS - loads ban.txt as your ban list. Useful to put in your autoexec.cfg to keep bad people out.
LISTWAD - Lists all currently loaded wads

Developer commands:
DEVMODE - Developer mode. Useful for wad making, or just screwing around. Displays character information on the right side of the screen (Only if you put 2 after it), debug information in the console, and a map when you hit the TAB key (doesn't work on larger maps). It also allows the use of other console commands that are usually locked during singleplayer play (SKIN, SETRINGS, etc).
TELEPORT -x -y -z - Teleports to the point (x,y,z).
GOD - Sissy mode. Makes you unkillable.
NOCLIP - Noclip mode. Allows you to run through anything.
HURTME - Causes damage to you. Useful if you need a way to get yourself hurt when there's nothing around to hurt you.
CHARABILITY - Allows you to change your character's ability. Useful if you're trying to find a good combo of abilities for your custom character.
SKYNUM - Changes the sky. Useful for choosing a sky for your level.
GRAVFLIP - Flips the gravity.
SAVECHECKPOINT - Basically acts as if you just touched a starpost. If you die, you will restart where you last used SAVECHECKPOINT.
OBJECTPLACE - Objectplace mode. Allows you to place things on the map.
WRITETHINGS - Saves the location of all things in the map as a THINGS lump. You can import this lump into your map to make the thing placement permanent.

Last edited:
FuriousFox said:
WRITETHINGS - Saves the location of all things in the map as a THINGS lump. You can import this lump into your map to make the thing placement permanent.
Is that what WRITETHINGS does? I never knew that. It seems extremely useful.

That's why objectplace exists in the first place, so you can actually save the stuff you change, unlike the Genesis games where it never leaves RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back