I need Microsoft Publisher for school and....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this for some project? I honestly wouldn't use Publisher. That program tends to look very unprofessional. I'd suggest a more suitable package - one that's designed for artists and not just the everyday citizen.

Publisher is a commercial product. Either you'll have to purchase Microsoft Office, search for it off any OEM CD packages you have gotten with other computers, or use an alternative. Or warez it, something I cannot and will not provide any help with.

If you're not willing to buy something, I'd try an OpenOffice equivalent, if it exists.

OpenOffice is free and from my own experience, more stable than their Microsoft equivalents. Only downside is that they might not have the most recent features that the newest versions of the Microsoft products have.

I used to use publisher all the time to make concert flyers and cd art but this year I moved to Photoshop for my graphic design company. It's WAAAAY better than publisher times a million. Even if you have publisher I'd highly recommend getting it. If you don't feel like downloading a torrent of it *shot* or paying like, $1100 for the full version, you can get PS Elements at staples for around $90 I think. It does like 90% of what the full version does.

I've been using InDeign CS2 (Trial) for one of my school projects. And surprisingly it runs on my rustbucket.

XsoniccoreX (814) said:
I used to use publisher all the time to make concert flyers and cd art but this year I moved to Photoshop for my graphic design company. It's WAAAAY better than publisher times a million. Even if you have publisher I'd highly recommend getting it. If you don't feel like downloading a torrent of it *shot* or paying like, $1100 for the full version, you can get PS Elements at staples for around $90 I think. It does like 90% of what the full version does.
What do you mean for "graphic design company"?
Do you own it or you simply work for another company?
Just 'cause if you are the owner of a company, it's quite unusual to see an owner of a company lurking on a Sonic fan-site, as there are surely better things to do.
I know Sonic can be fun, but with the new games and all it's got very boring and stupid.

Maybe I worded it wrong, not exactly a "company" but I dunno what else to
call it. And yes, I started it and own it if it's anything worth owning.
I just do art for bands and I'm about to start a side clothing company off it.
If you view my website it goes to my page (which unfortunately is run from myspace).
I'm only 17 and it's really only an independent thing but even, if it
was major, Sonic is still worth my time right? In my town, there really is
NOTHING better to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back