• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Doom Builder Editing Tutorial-With Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST218

Yep. It's done.

After months of hyping and procrastination, I finally got the damn screenshots. I also fixed the formatting (A LOT!) and seperated it into chapters. Except for a different color scheme, it's a lot like a441's WA tutorial.

Oh, you came for the link? Here ya go

Questions, comments, feedback, payments, etc. requested.

Map 11 and Map 12 images are missing.

All the "Back" links are broken.

Otherwise, this is nice. I was planning on making a DB tutorial myself when I finished my mod, though that's going to be like, what? Years? :P Good job.

Useful tutorial, covers up the basics. Big sectors can be made by pressing CTRL+Insert or making the grid bigger (max 1024*2048, min 1*2).
How about adding a glossary section?

map%20%281%29.PNG

:? my doom builder doesn't have a gfx.wad in that folder nor any other... so i left that blank and i thought it didn't mean anything because i got the floor0_6 flat to show up in that small preview box on the sector options but the f_sky1 says unknown flat instead of being black.

F_SKY01 doesn't exist. It doesn't matter if Doom Builder says it's a black square or an Unknown Texture, it'll work fine either way.

It should, though. Kinda irritates me, personally; it's not like having the flat in there will mess up the sky or anything. DOOM had a flat representing F_SKY1, and the skies were still drawn as normal. Why not SRB2?

Yeah, I took out all the text giving reference to gfx.wad, but I forgot to change the screenshot. Your version will likely look different-those were taken with an older version of DoomBuilder. As for the F_SKY1 thing, I agree, it's stupid. The gfx.wad file had a flat representing F_SKY1. Granted, it was a black square, but at least the name was autocompleted for you :p.

Are they blank, or asking for bogus entries, when you don't have any valid entries available? If so, it tries to load such a texture, but it can't, so it crashes. I think they fixed this in the upcoming update, but seeing as that's not out yet...

I know what you meant. What I said has everything to do with that. If the texture (what you called "skin" for some reason) name is incorrect in the textbox below the preview, then if you try to load the texture browser, the program will look for it, not find it, and crash. Same happened to me with normal textures.

The only thing wrong with this is that you keep telling them to reset the height of every sector to 4096 each time they add 1.

OHNOES!!!

I can't zennode my maps now... unless the current config still works with 1.09.2...Well, the wadauthor one works fine.
If the doombuilder doesn't then i cannot zennode until the next config comes out, since digi's wad editor will not save any changes apart from lump names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back