Jericho - Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEV3

There and back again~
I've already posted a topic before about the TV series Jericho, and to save you the trouble of digging it up I'll give a brief rundown before I continue.

-----

Jericho is a character-based post-apocalyptic serial drama focusing on the lives of the residents in the small town of Jericho when a mushroom cloud shows up on the horizon. Besides the obligatory nuclear winter scenarios, the series truly shines for its handling of the characters and excellent story. Season 1's pacing is a bit inconsistent, but it had without a doubt won over its fans at the end as Jericho prepared to go to war with a neighboring town.
Due to lackluster ratings and despite the lively fanbase, Jericho was cancelled following Season 1's cliffhanger. The fans came together and pulled off many remarkable achievements, including charities, ads in famous magazines like Variety, a grassroots email/mail/phone campaign, and most famously, the delivery of over twenty tons of nuts (no exaggeration) to CBS headquarters.
As a result, CBS gave Jericho's producers the opportunity to make a shorter Season 2 on a lower budget and with very unforgiving hours. Despite the difficulty, it was a labor of love for everyone involved: resulting in well-paced seven episode season including some of the best moments in the series.

-----
(SPOILERS: If you plan to watch the televised series whether through repeats, on CBS's website, sponsored youtube videos, or DVDs... some spoilers may follow)

Trying to reconcile the limitations of the ratings with the needs of the Jericho fanbase, the season 2 cancellation (which was met with smaller nuts movements, a tv ad, and a billboard) sent the producers looking elsewhere and that is where Season 3 comes in... in comic book form.

If you want to talk about the televised seasons, the other topic probably better serves that purpose (if its still there)... but Season 3 picks up right after season 2 where following a nuclear attack, Jericho was left to fend for themselves. When help did come, it was a new government with a suspicious affiliation with shady mercenary and corporate organizations. Jake Green, the prodigal-son become town-hero, has teamed up with the secretive Robert Hawkins, a newcomer who was actually involved in the initial disaster, to discover the secret of the new government, find out what remains of the old government, and help to even the odds should it come to civil war.
Meanwhile, Major Beck came to Jericho representing the new government to pacify the town. After some dangerous run-ins with the mercenary organization Ravenwood, Jericho took a stand. Before long, Major Beck had discovered the secrets carried by Robert Hawkins and was forced to decided where his loyalties remained. Meanwhile, Jake and Hawkins tried to win Texas to their cause but in so doing found the REAL mastermind behind the attacks.

The first issue of Season 3 covers all of this in a four page recap, and then kick-starts the story with a glimpse of what to was to come followed by indugence in pyromania. In the second issue, the season has already begun to hit its stride. The series has clearly begun developing the character of Jake, along with the situations Jake with Hawkins run into outside of Jericho and those Beck with the Jericho underground run into inside Jericho.
I'm not familiar with the medium in general, this is honestly the first comic I've ever subscribed to. However, its off to a great start and its a story definitely worth looking into. If you want to find out more about it or get your information from a source that isn't TL;DR-worthy, check out the comic book's website.

Note to self: Make a habit of posting topics about subjects everybody already knows about so it is not necessary to write an essay for the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back