Facebook, good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

on Edge

I've heard lots of different things about facebook. Why is it good, why is it not so good, and should I get one?

I would say facebook is just as horrible as myspace, just with less pedophiles if I am correct.

I doubt it. I've never used it but it seems like a myspace equivalent.
If you already have myspace, I wouldn't bother.

EDIT: oops, beat me to it flame

The Good

1. Only friends can see my profile.
2. You can add applications to your profile like: Cities I've Visited (a map that show were I have been), and games. There are almost 10,000 apps already.
3. You can drag and drop apps to where your what them on your profile. You can also control who sees what on your profile. For example: I can only see the group that I joined and no one else can see that.
4. No lags or crashes.
5. Networks. Network are groups of people. Grouped by school/college, work place, countries, and cites. On theses networks you can events and talk to people. The Detroit, MI network has Members 200,371.
6. Groups and Pages. Groups are like the ones on Yahoo, but with forums. Pages are something new. They are group but with the ability to add apps.

Note: Still editing.

I heard of this newish (in my case), My sister has one. There are things about friend networks.

The thing with these things are, they are just about the same. Just some few tweaks. There's quite a few. There's Myspace, Bebo, Facebook, Flixster, and many others which could be invented at anytime. The thing is there's good things, and bad things about these things. Like for one example below.

. You get to keep in touch in friends you left from school, work, vice versa. You can chat to anyone you know, anytime. There's more, but there's some other detail I want to get through first. You can also make your profile from lots of things, applications, videos, skins, and much more.

The bad stuff.

. The public and Privacy, this doesn't matter if your profiles are set private but this can be an issue. The events that have been going on for a few months has affected these. People you meet around the internet, you could be friends with them, but think for a second, how do you know what they could be like in real life, what actions would they do?, could they be paedophiles, could they be a group of thugs?, you just never know, that's why you have to be very careful who you meet, and who you speak to online. It could happen anywhere. Although the good side is you can set it private so only friends, and as Jrose05 said you can have the power to take control of your own stuff on your internet profile.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
I would say facebook is just as horrible as myspace, just with less pedophiles if I am correct.

Wrong for the truth. They can be around anywhere on the net, on any day, or anytime. Yes, in my opinion, these 2 networks are crappy. Pretty confusing, and more technical (in myspace opinion).

"_________", a place for friends is an evil name

the only reason they are popular sites:

1. they attract lots of teenagers
2. they can "communicate" with "friends".
3. two words, "internet predators"

EDIT: Reasons not Reason

Oh boy, you guys are paranoid. I have one (a bunch of my friends wanted me to make one *shrug*), and it's really not that bad. I have yet to meet an internet predator only because facebook disallows people that are not added as a friend to see your profile, unless you want them to (just change the settings). Although, I really don't use it that often. The last time I checked it was months ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back