What is the hardest Sonic boss you ever fought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey now that I think of it, Sonic series DID hae a hell-ass boss, anyone remembers the Metal Sonic fight in Death Egg´s eye from Sonic Fighters? I do...

Aw crap, that would probably be mine too.
The AI for Metal Sonic was so cheap. It didn't help his attacks drained your life meter in seconds.

Aw crap, that would probably be mine too.
The AI for Metal Sonic was so cheap. It didn't help his attacks drained your life meter in seconds.

Well, this is the only game who made Metal Sonic look nearly as strong as in the movie, but having the flying throw spammed was no good way to enjoy a battle.

I can't think of anything besides that cheap Sonic 2 GG boss that Mystic mentioned.

And in all honesty, what makes the Biolizard so hard?

From my experience, Biolizard's final attack is a tad unfair. He lifts Shadow in the air, who must swerve through numerous explosive pink eggs to land on Biolizard's life-support system and be able to perform one more homing attack. Of course, if you take damage while suspended in the air, I don't believe recovering any rings is an option.

Of course, you could take damage and push through to the life-support system while temporarily invulnerable.

Last edited:
Being able to constantly pick up Rings after taking damage really removes the difficulty of some bosses.
Sonic 2 (Genesis)'s final boss has legitimate difficulty and it doesn't let you exploit invulnerability, so I'd say it's the hardest boss.
Sonic 2 (GG)'s first boss is just unfair, not hard.

Hm... Perfect Chaos was hard. Kept running out of rings.
I haven't gotten to Biolizard yet (Freakin Knuckles' part of Cannon's Core >.<)
METAL MADNESS. Ugh, that took forever!
Um... any others.... well, The second Sonic/Shadow battle in SA2 takes me forever, but its not hard.
I'll probably edit when I fight Biolizard.
BIOLIZARD.
Forget what I said before.
Cheapest. Boss. EVAR.

1. Great Eggman Robo: this stupid robot is really annoying for me, I didn't ever beat S3K only by work of this 3-phase giant.

2. Doodlebug Mecha: OH MY GOD!!! First boss hardest in game?! Really, dodgin' balls is I think hardest, but what annoyed me so much WAS THAT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY RINGS.

3. Super Eggrobo Z: This bastard is impossible to beat without Cream. I completely give up if I don't use cheats for him...

4. Nonnagression: well I think Sonic Advance series have so many difficult bosses. And this monster is king of them >_<

5. Robotnik Mech: Oh great, be sure with that you have more than 20 lives because it's for me nearly impossible to beat this without rings... when you ended in short but frustrating match with Silver Sonic, it comes THIS, 12-lives Mega Robot...

Thanks for watching... er... reading my Top Five Bosses :D

Hmm... hardest boss ever.. I would have to say... to be absolutely honest, after I played all of the bosses, none of them were hard.
Okay, I have one. Egg Lancer (or whatever[the "final" boss without all emmies on Sonic Heroes]) with Team Dark. It was hard enough with Team Rose, but now you have the E-10000s attacking you, total bitches they are. If it wasn't for the Chaos Control, I would've never beaten him.

Hmm... hardest boss ever.. I would have to say... to be absolutely honest, after I played all of the bosses, none of them were hard.
Okay, I have one. Egg Lancer (or whatever[the "final" boss without all emmies on Sonic Heroes]) with Team Dark. It was hard enough with Team Rose, but now you have the E-10000s attacking you, total bitches they are. If it wasn't for the Chaos Control, I would've never beaten him.

Have you ever finished the Sonic the Fighters single player in hard? if you have a PS2 or Gamecube, I suggest you buy Sonic Gems Collection...

Yes, yes I have. And although Metal Sonic was hard, you have to beat Egg Lancer literally two times as much as you do Metal Sonic (assuming you beat him once, then again as Super Sonic).

I don't really think Perfect Chaos is hard. Bosses in SADX is such too easy.

I'll agree with your second statement for the most part, and I'll explain the rationale behind my original choice.

Unless my memory serves me wrong, Perfect Chaos is the only final boss fight in Sonic games where victory doesn't merely depend on Super Sonic weaving through the bosses' attacks to their weak points. You also have to maintain top speed in order to land a hit on Perfect Chaos once you reach him. Because of this, Perfect Chaos's attacks are very detrimental to the player: Instead of being a temporary hassle, they slow down the player enough to prevent a hit altogether. And because Perfect Chaos goes to a new location after each attempted attack, failed attacks on Super Sonic's part are a tremendous waste of time and rings. It doesn't help that the path to Perfect Chaos is always narrow and that he has a tendency to whip up twisters just as you approach him.

Add to my list of difficult bosses Erazor Djinn and Alf Layla wa-Layla of Secret Rings. Those battles are so damned non-intuitive that they're not only bogglingly confusing, but also a complete drag to play.

Last edited:
I found Perfect Chaos to be fairly easy. Once I discovered the pattern of those tornado-like attacks (though it's not hard to just stay on the sidelines), it was a piece of cake for me.
The second fight against Tails in Sonic Adventure 2 was really annoying. He pretty much used special attacks whenever he felt like it, and it was pretty much a matter of killing him before he can use it.

I found Perfect Chaos to be fairly easy. Once I discovered the pattern of those tornado-like attacks (though it's not hard to just stay on the sidelines), it was a piece of cake for me.
The second fight against Tails in Sonic Adventure 2 was really annoying. He pretty much used special attacks whenever he felt like it, and it was pretty much a matter of killing him before he can use it.
I second this, I've been playing SA2:B recently and its been frustrating.

Of course, while I have experienced all of these bosses from a different perspective to the rest of the posters here. This a matter close to my cold iron heart, so I shall make my own contribution.

First of all, every single ancient evil I have awoken that has rebelled against me. Honestly now, it's ridiculous. With all the times these creatures have destroyed my bases (the ruining of Eggman Land still pains me to this very day) it is a suprise that none of them have managed to finish off the hedgehog. Don't even get me started on the trouble I made for myself when I released Shadow the Hedgehog from Prison Island all those years ago...

Although, I am pleased to see that many of the creations I have used to combat Sonic have appeared on these numerous forum posts. My personal eggmobile is so very versatile, truely a marvel of modern science. But, I digress, the boss machines that I take the most pride in for providing you all difficulty are as follows.

Sonic 3 final boss
A machine that can remove the rings from Super Sonic? Brilliant! Of course, while this was a useful strategic advantage, it was incredibly situational as it required the combined kinetic force of both my machine slamming Sonic onto the floor and the Death Egg rising to greet him. As such, I could not repeat this effect when I used the same robot to combat Knuckles.

The Drill Car
Ah, my beautiful Drill Car. This boss machine holds a lot of sentimental value to myself as I used it for practical purposes before the Emerald Hill incident in which it was destroyed... Before the events of Sonic 2, I was not a well known criminal master mind as my first invasion was a test that took place only on South Island. So in order to test the infamous Drill Car, I drove through New York with it. During rush hour. I was never as delighted to see traffic in my entire life.

Metal Sonic
Goes without explanation really, aside from the Heroes incident, this robot has been an extremely useful asset to my repertoire of tools. Being extremely versatile in all fields of work, from kidnapping pink hedgehogs to engaging in hand to hand combat. (I see my 'Sonic the Fighters' Metal has been mentioned several times in this thread, eggsellent)
Of course, in due time, you will face my most versatile creation in SRB2. Eventually.

Of course though, the most difficult boss for myself without a doubt, would have to be Sonic the Hedgehog himself. All the times he has defeated my many great creations... But, regardless. With Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors coming soon, I will get him next time for sure.

Also, before I forget... I have a bone to pick with you Shardvex.
The srb2 Boss in Greenflower Zone 3. (Joke.)
texplainthejoke.jpg

Sonic 3 final boss
A machine that can remove the rings from Super Sonic? Brilliant! Of course, while this was a useful strategic advantage, it was incredibly situational as it required the combined kinetic force of both my machine slamming Sonic onto the floor and the Death Egg rising to greet him. As such, I could not repeat this effect when I used the same robot to combat Knuckles.

But didn't your Final Boss type creation in Sonic Advance 2 both remove rings from Super sonic, AND allowed you to FREEZE him?

But his machine from Sonic 3 completely drained all of Sonic's rings, forcing him back into his normal form.

Quite literally Eggman's best attack strategy ever

But his machine from Sonic 3 completely drained all of Sonic's rings, forcing him back into his normal form.

Quite literally Eggman's best attack strategy ever

But there's one flaw.

Sonic could easily get through the entire battle without Eggman/Robotnik every trying this. I know I've never seen this happen. Meanwhile, the Sonic Advance 3 boss attempted this frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back