Suggestions

I got a better idea. Go back to the old c-fail system and remove the c-fail causing change. The s-fail system is more annoying.

Look, dude, the million dollar bounty is figuring out what broke it and you are totally welcome to figure out what went wrong.

Also the fail message was just changed, not the way consistency check works.

I'm probably an un-informed idiot here, but, considering this started when 2.1 came out, perhaps it's something to do with Lua support? Again, probably completely wrong, but...just an idea.

He is referring to this.

Anyways, my suggestion is kind of obvious. But I would really like that MotorRoach's Sonic and Iceman404's Tails replace the vanilla Sonic & Tails when they are released.

Also, Red Volcano Zone's boss should have flamethrowers and fire bombs. Like a teaser to the Final Boss, only easier.

I'm probably an un-informed idiot here, but, considering this started when 2.1 came out, perhaps it's something to do with Lua support? Again, probably completely wrong, but...just an idea.

That's what I was thinking too. Considering lua was the only 'big' change that happened to the engine.

You say that like it's necessarily a big change that's causing the problem. The large changes were tested significantly and are unlikely to be causing the issue. It's more likely to be a small change somewhere, and even MORE likely to be multiple small changes, which makes it really hard to track down exactly what's causing the problem.

Anyone thinking about the addition of Mini-bosses to the game? Cause i do.
We all know that metal sonic counts as a mini-boss since you fight him before Robotnik during the events in Egg Rock, so unless the other mini-bosses are being worked on, then i might as well post some ideas of mine.

GFZ: Knuckles the echidna
This one is rather obvious if you managed to get far enough in Sonic and knuckles. Since our favorite red echidna never had any main point in the storyline other than going alongside sonic in his adventure or just being an addition since his appearance in SRB1, its no surprise to see him as a miniboss.

THZ: http://www.sonicgalaxy.net/img/sprites/gen/sonic3/fusion-mb-2.png
One of two "fusion miniboss" designs made by Cstyler. This one has a front-mounted flame cannon for roasting rodents, along with several electricity conduits to assist with hedgehog disposal. The electric conduits also work as a backup plan in case the flame cannon is somehow destroyed. It also has several spikes encased inside it's top Armour for protection. I chose this one for Techno Hill because of it's unique design, with fire and electricity and all.

DSZ: This is another good place to have knuckles as a mini-boss.

CEZ: Sir Lance-a-lot
This is an idea i came up with myself. The premise of the boss is the same as the Mega Titan from the amazing mirror, but with a few differences. One is the obvious fact that instead of attacking with just his fists, he uses the lances from the CBFS badniks as sharp projectiles! These tend to wind up being everywhere in the area-the old JTE boss room-causing a lot of chaos.
Oh, and just like the end boss from the VERY old castle eggman stage, he uses rotating spikes as defense, so you may need to grab lots and lots of rings!

ACZ: Crawla Honcho
If you need help designing ACZ2 and RVZ2, check out this wad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YAJSuHiz9U
Now, from here, i have some crazy boss ideas. The first is a fight against the flying bomber from S3&K(sprite sheet by grim):
http://www.sonicgalaxy.net/img/sprites/gen/sonic3/flying-bomber.gif
The second is a battle with a fan-favorite fan character: Crawla Honcho! I'll let you use your imagination to decide how the crazy crawla hero is gonna fight(and if you can't somehow add him in use the egg walker from SADX instead).

RVZ: http://www.sonicgalaxy.net/img/sprites/gen/sonic3/fusion-mb.png
The other "fusion mini-boss" designed by Cstyler. This one uses a ROCKET LAUNCHA and can fly using jet engines. It serves as the last boss before metal sonic and is fought in the sky as both it and the player were launched out of the volcano on a platform during an eruption. The mini-boss? An upgraded version of Dual Drill from sonic 3 as seen in Lava Reef Zone.

ERZ: Nothing needs to be changed to the mini-boss other than making it appear in the second act instead of the third one, but that's just me. However, i would like to see if we could have metal knuckles and the tails doll replace metal sonic when their respected doppelgangers appear instead of just sonic, because it makes more sense. This makes it possible for tails and knuckles to get more of a challenge when facing metal sonic.

Erm, Spaceman, you DO understand that Knuckles is a playable character, right? It wouldn't make sense to fight him, because not only would it just not make sense, how would you handle the situations where knuckles comes to that miniboss...? What about handling it in multiplayer?

Plus Metal Sonic does not count as a "mini" boss. I like to think of it like this. Metal Sonic is Eggrocks boss and Brak Eggman is the mother of all bosses.

I'd really just want to point out this topic here that everyone seems to have completely forgotten about.

Speaking of which, I think we should have a banner at the top of the site advertising that thread (similar to how there was a banner for the Bug Reports section at 2.1's launch). That should increase attention on it.

Erm, Spaceman, you DO understand that Knuckles is a playable character, right? It wouldn't make sense to fight him, because not only would it just not make sense, how would you handle the situations where knuckles comes to that miniboss...? What about handling it in multiplayer?

Other than the fact that he's mad at sonic for something(it involves green-flower city) knuckles can get replaced by his robotic counterpart when faced as knuckles or when fought in multiplayer. That or his fights can be cut out from his storyline and replaced by fights against sonic because knuckles is angry at sonic for the reasons above.

Plus Metal Sonic does not count as a "mini" boss. I like to think of it like this. Metal Sonic is Eggrocks boss and Brak Eggman is the mother of all bosses.

Okay so while metal sonic DOES take Eggman's place as the boss of that zone remember that you face him first THEN Robotnik. That's why i count it as a mini-boss. You are right, though-he was made into the boss of egg rock and could have another mini-boss before him, only i have no idea on what could be the mini-boss other than Knuckles.

(HINT: if you have not seen the SRB2 intro you may not know what i mean when i mention Green-flower city)

Dude... Knuckles is a playable character, there's no way SRB2 is scripting a Knuckles fight, If you want to fight knuckles, just Play SRB2CB and summon a Knuckles bot.

Well in that case unless you need knowledge on why knuckles is just there as a third character, there will not be mini-bosses where knuckles would take place. It was only an idea of mine, after all.

Besides...
I don't even know how the flying bomber would work as a boss now that i think about it.

Well, I would bring up the Knuckles fight in Sonic & Knuckles, but that would only be a decent excuse if Knuckles did things after Sonic and Tails just like in 3&K, but he isn't fighting Egg Robo.

That's not saying it's unlikely that Knuckles was tricked again, but that's also not saying it'd be a great idea to have a Knuckles fight. He really doesn't have that much in the way of attacks he can use and Metal Knuckles isn't a good replacement for another Eggman fight, which I personally feel have more potential to be clever and interesting.

And one porcupine on the block with a buff chest is enough. We don't need a metallic one.

I would suggest adding some way to determine if the turn keys are pressed in Lua for 2.1.9, just for the sake of anyone who uses Axis2D.

How about a way to forcefully drop the connection of someone. I've had to restart my server so many times because some random guy comes and freezes it, and I can't do anything about it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back