• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Seaside Valley Zone AKA MetalHead7's Mod (Under Construction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I found when I logged of that it's free, I'm glad to know that I can finally looppoint my ogg music.
As for composing music on computer, I find it easier to use my keyboard than the anvil studio and other programs (I'm not saying that you should use a keyboard instead).
Back-On-Topic: At the beginning of your stage, I think the ocean area (if nothings going to be there) should have and invisible wall so the it becomes a scenic part of the level, and not a open space that will not be used.

I think I meant to do that earlier. I'll do it when I get home.

Why the hell would you do that? You could easily put a random hole somewhere in the ocean floor that leads to some sort of cave or underwater temple. Even if you're not going to do anything with it, that's no reason to deter the player from exploring that area just for fun.

Why the hell would you do that? You could easily put a random hole somewhere in the ocean floor that leads to some sort of cave or underwater temple. Even if you're not going to do anything with it, that's no reason to deter the player from exploring that area just for fun.
First of all that's a good idea to make the level more interesting. Second is the fact that the area could be used for scenery, he could put some more things there like rocks or seaweed.

can we get some screen shots of the ruins? If i can't play the new version, I can still probably critique it by looking at it.

I don't think [secret] is a real tag...
Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: I see what you did there.

Last edited:
@tsdude
I got it. But was it [SCVOICE]GREAT![/SCVOICE]
Anywho, I'll take a look at this level.
Ok. The ruin ar looking much better,, and they aren't too hard to navigate. Maybe add a few more bubbles and rings though.

Last edited:
And you should add some jet jaws to make that area not so easy, but don't put too much of them otherwise it will make that area a bit too difficult for the player and I'm guessing that it shouldn't be because it is a beginning level; these levels are usually easy and are mainly based on their theme.

I think the wad file is corrupted, because when I try to play it I get segment error. However when I look inside the file (with Slade) it looks normal to me.

They've been used underwater before. Besides, I don't really want to use the Jet Jaws yet since they're kind of unpredictable.

I'll admit, you did a good job. The ruins feel a lot bigger than they really are when you're inside them. One thing I must recommend now though is PLEASE make the cave smaller. There's way too much empty space. Either fill it up with some architecture or just scratch it out, because all that empty space just looks ugly.

I think this is ready for releases, since you now have a complete act.
But really? That's gonna be your next zone? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back