Assistance with: Adding Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I know I asked this a while back, but could someone explain how to add graphics? I have XWE, I got some graphics, I just need to know filetypes, XWE lump types, that kind of thing.

Also, is it possible to change the "Zone" in a map's title? For instance, could you get it to say "Greenflower Track 1" (Where the word Track replaces the word Zone)? It's probably not, but still....

Also, I would like to point out that whoever put up the NiGHTS Tutorial on SRB2Wiki is a god.
If you don't know already, check out here: http://srb2wiki.sepwich.com/index.php?title=NiGHTS_Tutorial

To change the graphics, look in srb2.srb for the graphics you want to replace and use that lumpname. (Don't actually REPLACE them in srb2.srb, replace them in a new wadfile)
As for changing level titles, look up "Map header" or "MAINCFG" on SRB2Wiki.

For the everyday sprites and enemies, just put 'em inbetween S_START and S_END lumps. Don't worry about textures. Yet.

Importing the images into XWE is a relatively simple job, just go under "Entry" and "Load". No filetypes, methinks. I do think that PNGs would be the best filetype for out of XWE, though.

As for the Zone thing, I'd say no. Just set the name as Greenflower Track, nozone = 1, and act = 1.

And thought the article appears godly, they still left out the quirks for item placement. :wink:

The track thing I don't think you can do. Unless, you put in the title, "greenflower track" and then the the act thing, and there. It would look wired but works.

Too add graphics or sprites or whatever, double click the "type" of thing you want to add, and XWE will display the file types available for importing.

EDIT:aww, you guys beat me >_>

BlueZero4 said:
For the everyday sprites and enemies, just put 'em inbetween S_START and S_END lumps. Don't worry about textures. Yet.

See, the ironic part is, I meant textures. Go ahead and slap me, I'm ready. How hard is it?

Textures would go inbetween P_START and P_END, if I remember correctly. I would use existing texture names, though.

Flats are F_START and F_END, though on every lump you'll have to "Save as Doom flat". It's there, somewhere. Go fishing. And again, I would use existing flat names.

And by saying that, I take it you wanted to be slapped?

Textures aren't very easy to add. Check out the tutorial in the Archives section (of the messageboard). It gives specific step-by-step uh.. steps.

Really? I added the one in my avatar in about a minute or two and I didn't get any glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back