Suggestions

Split Thok sound and Ring throw sound. These two sounds still share the exact same sound so if you set your Thok sound to say the armageddon shield sound, you'll get armageddon ring slinging as well. It'd be nice if these were actually split.

This needs to happen. I have always been bugged by that since Day 1.

As a minor thing, it'd be pretty cool to have a Lua function that could get the name of the key assigned to a control, for HUD listing purposes or something. It'd certainly be easier to say "Press Space to explode!" instead of "Press Ring Toss Normal to explode!"

Custom Character wads need to be unnerfed by a bit:
Allow to save with custom characters
This was a feature of the old Srb2, but it was buggy because it saved it like this:
Character 4(4th character of the menu screen), Stage...........
The problem of that was that if you loaded a different character, that one was character 4.
This old saving system works with wads that use it's own saving system, but not for the normal srb2.
I thought about a possible way to add a saving system, and here is my idea:
If the game saves the wad, save the character name too. For example "shadow". Now, if the player goes to the file select screen, check if a wad, with the character named "shadow" is loaded. If there is a character with that name, then show the savefile. If not, then don't.
If this is too hard to add, then add back the old system to allow saving.

Character Wads
Character wads got nerfed a time ago because people started to create "way too powerful" characters. I can see why that was a problem, but it limits the character creation by a lot. If they want to break the game with their op characters, then allow them to. Not everyone will abuse them and only play that.
I think there should be more options on Ability2. Currently we have this:
Spinjump+Spindash
Multiability, no Spindash/Spinjump
no Spinjump/Spindash

Spinjump=(can be 0 for no spinjump or 1 for spinjump)
Spindash=(again, 0 for no, 1 for yes,2 for rolling only(like in sonic 1))

It isn't possible to have gliding without climbing or climbing without gliding or set if the character breaks walls by only touching themand Waterrun is only enabled if your character can "swim".
So how about adding a option to customize that ?

Multiability=(Allows you to use the ability multiple times)
(Currently, this removes the spinning ability if you turn it on)
Power=(this sets how your character breaks walls)(this is very good for custom knuckles characters so that they play like knuckles)
Climb=(allows you to set if the character can climb. If your character doesn't glide, then you can use a thok to hold to the wall. If your character can't glide or thok, then jumping allows you to climb to walls. Again, good for custom wads and something that was possible in a old version of srb2(mechaknuckles couldn't climb, but glide))
Supermultiability=(this is for super forms, checks if super forms can use multiability. Knuckles uses this)
Attackspeed=(this is for match mode. Knuckles shoots rings 1.5 times faster and bombs and autorings 2x faster. Setting it to 1 changes it so it's like Knuckles and setting it to 2 makes the character shoot slower. Again, made for custom knuckles characters that play like knuckles)
Superform=(can the character go super ? Yes, this should work in singleplayer too)
Supercolor=(works like the normal color, exept that it sets the color for the super form. Supersonic's color flashing or knuckles' color should be selectable here).
Superfloat=(sets if the super form can fly, like sonic can if you hold down the spin button)
Waterrun=(allows the character to run on water)
Swim=(allows the character to swim, swimming action should be removed)
Endcolor=(Currently, the game uses Startcolor, and then takes the next 16 colors as changeable colors. Some characters have more colors that that and it would be very nice to be able to make the color range bigger/smaller)
Superstartcolor/Superendcolor(this would be great for shadow or amy wads, so that the changeable color in multiplayer isn't the color that gets changed when turning super).

This would allow us to make character customizing much better(and probably allow op characters, but it's not like someone forces you to use it. If you don't load that wad on your server, then people can't play as it, so this shouldn't be a big problem.)
Lua already allows a lot, that can be very good or gamebreaking, but I think that the community can help a lot by telling players what's overpowered and what not. I think that custom characters should be able to collect emblems too, while they make it a bit easier, they aren't too op(if the mod creator balances them, and I'm sure that there will be balanced characters that aren't overpowered(exept sms). I can see why this wasn't possible in the older versions(you could make a tails character and use that to fly up and get some sonic emblems easy, but now every character can get every emblem, so no problem here.) Think about it like this: What if I want to play as a shadow that's a reskin of sonic ?

Last edited:
Here's a suggestion: A TRUE final boss.
It should go like this: If you dont get the Seven chaos emeralds, after the credits you'd hear an evil laugh and the emeralds would appear in Eggman's hands.
If you do get the Seven Chaos Emeralds, then this sould happen: After beating the "Final Boss" It should be followed by a cutscene where Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are heading towards the Egg Rock Core to destroy it. Moments later, Brak Eggman reactivates, and flies towards the Core to selfdestruct the Egg Rock, with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles inside. This first part should be like the race with Metal Sonic: if Brak gets first, he blows everything up with you in it. If you get first, You win... or not.
Eggman reveals that he was using the power of the Egg Rock COMBINED with the Chaos Emeralds, until you got them back. He attempts to grab them off of the group, but they turn Super and Brak Eggman takes advantage of the Core's power to become even Stronger.
This fight would be tougher than his last fight; all of his attacks would drain 10 rings.
After you beated him, Eggman activates the Selfdestruct sequence. Eggman escapes, leaving you only with 30 seconds to fly away from the Egg rock before it's too late.
In this stage there would be A LOT of boxes and meteors trying to slow you down. If you dont get in time, Bad ending. If you do, Good Ending.
This would make the Story in SRB2 deeper, and the TRUE Final boss would be more epic.
Some people argue that 2.1's Final boss couldn't have been more Anti-Climax. So this is an idea for STJR. Come on. Do something like this.

Here's a suggestion: A TRUE final boss.
It should go like this: If you dont get the Seven chaos emeralds, after the credits you'd hear an evil laugh and the emeralds would appear in Eggman's hands.
If you do get the Seven Chaos Emeralds, then this sould happen: After beating the "Final Boss" It should be followed by a cutscene where Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are heading towards the Egg Rock Core to destroy it. Moments later, Brak Eggman reactivates, and flies towards the Core to selfdestruct the Egg Rock, with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles inside. This first part should be like the race with Metal Sonic: if Brak gets first, he blows everything up with you in it. If you get first, You win... or not.
Eggman reveals that he was using the power of the Egg Rock COMBINED with the Chaos Emeralds, until you got them back. He attempts to grab them off of the group, but they turn Super and Brak Eggman takes advantage of the Core's power to become even Stronger.
This fight would be tougher than his last fight; all of his attacks would drain 10 rings.
After you beated him, Eggman activates the Selfdestruct sequence. Eggman escapes, leaving you only with 30 seconds to fly away from the Egg rock before it's too late.
In this stage there would be A LOT of boxes and meteors trying to slow you down. If you dont get in time, Bad ending. If you do, Good Ending.
This would make the Story in SRB2 deeper, and the TRUE Final boss would be more epic.
Some people argue that 2.1's Final boss couldn't have been more Anti-Climax. So this is an idea for STJR. Come on. Do something like this.

I absolutely agree with this, the final bosses of srb2 were always anti-climactic. and also, Super Tails & Super Flickies.

Please add a lines table to sector_t that contains all of the linedefs that make it up. Or a sides table for sidedefs that make it up. (In that case, a line variable in side_t containing the parent line_t would be great.) Having to iterate through every linedef to find a particular one in a sector is incredibly shitty and slow in large maps.

Also, the Join (Search) menu should probably either default to a room or the structure should be changed to pick Join <-> pick room <-> view game list. As it is right now it's incredibly confusing (it took me a little while to figure out you had to pick a room myself) and kind of a turn off for multiplayer.

Last edited:
How about an option to see a server's file list in-game? Like, when you're highlighted over a server, instead of pressing Jump, press Fire Ring or something and you'll get a list of the server's added files instead.

It'd be nice if you made servers that don't accept joins at the moment transparent like with full servers.

(Forgive me for pounding you guys with Lua-related suggestions, but these are things that would really help me and others out.)

Some sort of function that checks if a lump exists quickly when passed a string with the name. I have a function that really needs that, as right now it's checking for the existence of a graphic by calling v.cachePatch() and checking its offsets, which works when there are only 18 to iterate through (Ax, AxAy, AyAx, A0), but when I start adding in other options (Axzy, zyAx to complete the different ways a sprite can be named) that number goes up to about 920, which obviously is horrifying for the game code.

For the 2.1.5 update or any other, my suggestions are these:
-I think Tails should get some sprites when getting super in multiplayer. It currently uses Sonic's ones.
-Please do something about those dark blue menus. I know that I've already said it and they are blue because it's easy to read the text on it, but can you at least make a small border around the boxes or a simple texture so that it won't look so simple?
2.1 reached 2.1.4 in less than a week after the release of 2.1. That means that the developers care about this game, and if this happens, I'm sure that any bug will be fixed.

Last edited:
Could v.cachePatch() (and v.patchExists()) be made case-sensitive? As it is I can't grab PLAYa1 because the function is rewriting my request to a PLAYA1 request.

I feel like Arid canyon should come before Castle Eggman. It's way easier now.
That said, was anyone really complaining that Castle Eggman 2 was too easy? I for one think this game is a bit harder than it should be overall.

A few things regarding emblems.

TaRLDI7.png

1. Not the biggest deal, but a suggestion anyway: I think the screen would look better if the time emblem for bosses was offset so that it lined up with the other time emblems. It looks a bit messy how it is.
  2. More important: The hidden NiGHTS emblems need to be moved. Right now it looks like a rendering error. I get that they're deliberately offset so that they aren't confused with the record emblems, but it looks like crap. They should be moved so that they're in line with the club-green emblems. If you move the record emblems so that the time emblems line up too, then there won't be a big gap either.
  3. Just a question: Is there any meaning behind the four diamonds icon for the hidden NiGHTS emblems?
  4. Another question: Are the high-resolution versions of the various record emblems and other stuff (seen here) used anywhere within the game?

3. No meaning really, just ended up being thrown in for no reason.
4. Nope, they're not used. They're mostly there for anyone who wants to use them for custom mods.

I updated my other post and got new suggestions:
Keyboard Support
Currently, srb2 only has the US Keyboard. There are a lot of keyboards that have keys on different places, which makes typing in srb2 very hard. Please add the other keyboards and a way to change them.

999 Ring Cheat
I think this should be added back in the game. I don't know why it was removed, but it would be nice to have this unlockable.

Old Tails Flying
I don't like the new flying that much. The upwards flying is delayed, if you press the button, it takes some seconds for tails to start flying up.
Gravity doesn't reset if you start flying, so if you start to fly while moving down, you won't be able to go up.
The horizontal movement speed gets slower. I'm guessing that this is a balance change but I think it should be like it was in the older srb2 versions, so it's more like the flying from the "real" sonic games.

Superforms for Knuckles and Tails
Both characters got(well, tails will get new transform sprites) new sprites for transforming into super. I think that they should be able to do that in singleplayer.(I know sonic got the superform because he is hard to control, but he is the fastest of all the characters and has that thok, so I don't think that he would be underpowered if super tails and knuckles got added.
Tails should get a super palette, which is more like super shadow's color than sonic's yellow. Tails, Knuckles and custom characters should have the option to have sprites for nightsmode so they aren't super sonic.

Saving after each level
This would be good for custom level packs, so that the saving isn't every 3 levels but instead every level.
More "balanced" Egg Rock zone and boss
There is a part of Egg Rock 1 that has appearing blocks. I think that there should be fan objects, so that the player can "skip" the part after falling down. This might sound op, but every character that can climb, fly, doublejump, or airdrill can get out of there without any problems.

Warning, spoiler about the ERZ 3 boss
I think that metal sonic should be a "copy" of the player so that almost everyone can beat him. His speed should be a bit slower than the current character speed(of the character that you are playing as) because he can break objects that you need to jump over. He should have a minspeed, so he isn't slowed down to 0 if you are playing as robo hood.
My goal here is to make metal sonic possible with a slow no special ability character.

Last edited:
I think you guys should bring admin ban back. Constant kicking of one spamming idiot when the host is gone goes nowhere and just pisses a huge amount of people off, both with the joining spike-lag from the spammer and his spam alike.

You should consider adding a timer to the NiGHTS stages during record attack. It's pretty irritating that you're unable to determine how much time you actually have left to make the record, only to finish and discover you were a good ten or twenty seconds off.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back