SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2020   #1
ClassicNC
Also known as Sonic Plus
 
ClassicNC's Avatar
Default Let's be real - srb2.org needs a makeover

It's time for a change. For the website, that is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotes! View Post
Signatures are for gays.
ClassicNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020   #2
Icarus
The Final Doomer
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Why? It had that 90's webpage design nostalgia and it's easily accessible. I mean especially since how minimalistic it looks. Don't change what isn't broken.
__________________
"Running SRB2.wad with GZDoom wasn't a good idea"
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020   #3
ClassicNC
Also known as Sonic Plus
 
ClassicNC's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Why? It had that 90's webpage design nostalgia and it's easily accessible. I mean especially since how minimalistic it looks. Don't change what isn't broken.
I mean, atleast update the pictures on there. 2.1 is over.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotes! View Post
Signatures are for gays.
ClassicNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #4
Icarus
The Final Doomer
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicNC View Post
I mean, at least update the pictures on there. 2.1 is over.
I get what you're saying now. But I doubt most people would check the old screenshot on that site because most newcomers are there thanks to youtube videos.


Also this site is mostly there for the news and the archival purpose (deleting the pre-2.2 pics would be kinda sad for the game's legacy and people's nostalgia)
__________________
"Running SRB2.wad with GZDoom wasn't a good idea"
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #5
ClassicNC
Also known as Sonic Plus
 
ClassicNC's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
(deleting the pre-2.2 pics would be kinda sad for the game's legacy and people's nostalgia)
Maybe there could be an option to change the pictures, if that's possible
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotes! View Post
Signatures are for gays.
ClassicNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #6
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist
Default

I doubt many people use the main website too often after downloading the game and finding out about the discord server anyways, but it would be nice if the pictures could were updated to bring them more in line with 2.2, as for deleting pre 2.2 pics, that's what archive.org is for.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150429.../www.srb2.org/
__________________
Also known as "RTB" on Discord
Quote:
I don't need sex because Azure Temple fucks me everyday
RomioTheBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #7
Icarus
The Final Doomer
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
I doubt many people use the main website too often after downloading the game and finding out about the discord server anyways
Oh shout, I forgot that there was a SRB2 Discord server, I should join it someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
but it would be nice if the pictures could were updated to bring them more in line with 2.2, as for deleting pre 2.2 pics, that's what archive.org is for.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150429.../www.srb2.org/
I don't really like this thing. I would be more for a "legacy" section on the site to actually show people how far this game has come from.
__________________
"Running SRB2.wad with GZDoom wasn't a good idea"
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020   #8
Krabs
 
Krabs's Avatar
Default

The site is ugly and needs to be replaced. The game has always been well archived - if you're that concerned with the look and feel of the old website, archive.org should be more than enough. Old srb2 stuff doesn't need to be shoved in peoples faces when they go to download the game for the first time.
__________________
Twitter
Krabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020   #9
ClassicNC
Also known as Sonic Plus
 
ClassicNC's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabs View Post
Old srb2 stuff doesn't need to be shoved in peoples faces when they go to download the game for the first time.
That's almost exactly how I feel. It's a new era for SRB2, so the new generation of kids should be introduced to this game with the new designs and artwork. On that note, the 2.2 artwork will definitely age better than the 2.1 designs (no offense to anyone who made the 2.1 sprites and artwork, it still looks great).

(Lets just end the artwork thing there and stay on topic)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotes! View Post
Signatures are for gays.
ClassicNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020   #10
Icarus
The Final Doomer
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicNC View Post
It's a new era for SRB2, so the new generation of kids should be introduced to this game with the new designs and artwork.
Honestly I don't know about the age of most people who are playing the game but I feel like most SRB2 fans are people who knew Classic Sonic back in the days.


I am still for posting updated artworks while keeping the older stuff in some kind of archive section
__________________
"Running SRB2.wad with GZDoom wasn't a good idea"
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.