SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #61
Icarus
The Final Doomer
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Removing the time travel completly defeat's the purpose of the game. Also, the chaos and sol emeralds? The time stones are enough, cuz you can probally make a pseudo-super sonic out of them. Like, sure, the chaos emeralds could maybe make sense, but the sol emeralds just woudnt work. It doesnt even make sense for both gameplay and the storie. Tails is a good example of this. In the 2011 port, Tails had no cutscenes of his own, and this was both good and bad. Bad because his playthrought became dull compared to sonic's, but it was also good because it wouldn't mess with the timeline (before anyone says "but it's just a remake, dumbass!", no one even knows what's f*cking canon in this timeline at this point).
Honestly they could pull a Mania Tails where he could get his super form with the regular Chaos Emeralds...


And yeah, canon makes no point in the serie anyway, they could even add Desert Dazzle as a bonus zone.
__________________
"Running SRB2.wad with GZDoom wasn't a good idea"
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #62
Jonster
[Insert meme here]
 
Jonster's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Honestly they could pull a Mania Tails where he could get his super form with the regular Chaos Emeralds...
God, this canon sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
And yeah, canon makes no point in the serie anyway, they could even add Desert Dazzle as a bonus zone.
I guess your right.
__________________
He's faster than Sonic!...He's faster than Sonic!
(SW friend code: 3326-8442-2909)
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263)
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #63
FishandChips
Just some Fish and Chips!
 
FishandChips's Avatar
Default

Double boost!
__________________
I like Sonic Forces! Do you?
FishandChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #64
Jonster
[Insert meme here]
 
Jonster's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishandchips View Post
double boost!
together wii cann xou da word wut wii cann do!
__________________
He's faster than Sonic!...He's faster than Sonic!
(SW friend code: 3326-8442-2909)
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263)
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #65
FishandChips
Just some Fish and Chips!
 
FishandChips's Avatar
Default

Lol! Thatís funny!
__________________
I like Sonic Forces! Do you?
FishandChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #66
Icarus
The Final Doomer
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
God, this canon sucks.
In which way?
__________________
"Running SRB2.wad with GZDoom wasn't a good idea"
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #67
Jonster
[Insert meme here]
 
Jonster's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
In which way?
In pretty much every way. Game placement doesn't make sense, stuff is constantly removed from past stories, characters act weird sometimes, "YoU'rE tHaT sOnIc FrOm A dIfFeReNt DiMeNsIoN!".
__________________
He's faster than Sonic!...He's faster than Sonic!
(SW friend code: 3326-8442-2909)
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263)
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #68
Icarus
The Final Doomer
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
In pretty much every way. Game placement doesn't make sense, stuff is constantly removed from past stories, characters act weird sometimes, "YoU'rE tHaT sOnIc FrOm A dIfFeReNt DiMeNsIoN!".
I agree with that (even if time travel can interfere with the continuity).


But some retcons aren't too bad (like Super Tails not needing the Super Emeralds in Mania or the way Angel Island is shown in Adventure)
__________________
"Running SRB2.wad with GZDoom wasn't a good idea"
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #69
Jonster
[Insert meme here]
 
Jonster's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I agree with that (even if time travel can interfere with the continuity).


But some retcons aren't too bad (like Super Tails not needing the Super Emeralds in Mania or the way Angel Island is shown in Adventure)
I feel like Super Tails needing the Super Emeralds was really good when it came to his character. I recommend watching The Game Apologist's video on the topic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e57hCrWZKfM . Also, I never heard anything 'bout how Angel Island is represented in Adventure. Mind explaining?
__________________
He's faster than Sonic!...He's faster than Sonic!
(SW friend code: 3326-8442-2909)
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263)
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #70
Icarus
The Final Doomer
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
I feel like Super Tails needing the Super Emeralds was really good when it came to his character. I recommend watching The Game Apologist's video on the topic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e57hCrWZKfM . Also, I never heard anything 'bout how Angel Island is represented in Adventure. Mind explaining?
I know but I think that Sega made the Super Emerald not canon (maybe because those were just a way to encourage people to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles rather than the two game separately).

Tails not having a super form may be fitting lore-wise as he's younger but gameplay-wise I still prefer to have the choice to get everyone super.

This is why I'm not a fan of the "only male hedgehog can turn super" mindset Sega had during the Adventure era.

That's probably the reason why I would've appreciated more that Amy could get some sort of Super form as well in SRB2.

As for Adventure's Angel Island it's about the fact that for example Ice Cap looked different (maybe SA1 was made as a soft-reboot).
__________________
"Running SRB2.wad with GZDoom wasn't a good idea"
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #71
Jonster
[Insert meme here]
 
Jonster's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I know but I think that Sega made the Super Emerald not canon (maybe because those were just a way to encourage people to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles rather than the two game separately).
I'm pretty sure the Super Emeralds were there to both expand the lore, and attract more people to the full package. Sega made the decision to get rid of them cuz Iizuka didn't (and still doesn't) like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Tails not having a super form may be fitting lore-wise as he's younger but gameplay-wise I still prefer to have the choice to get everyone super.

This is why I'm not a fan of the "only male hedgehog can turn super" mindset Sega had during the Adventure era.

That's probably the reason why I would've appreciated more that Amy could get some sort of Super form as well in SRB2.
Well, the gameplay has to be the best it can, so maybe abandoning the idea was for the better. Also, "only male hedgehog". I don't know why, but that's really funny to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
As for Adventure's Angel Island it's about the fact that for example Ice Cap looked different (maybe SA1 was made as a soft-reboot).
Hmm, ok. I mean, alot of the modern games feel like a soft-reboot in certain aspects.
__________________
He's faster than Sonic!...He's faster than Sonic!
(SW friend code: 3326-8442-2909)
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263)
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #72
FishandChips
Just some Fish and Chips!
 
FishandChips's Avatar
Default

Hello. I made that entire Sol Emeralds and Chaos Emeralds thing. Thank me for that later!
__________________
I like Sonic Forces! Do you?
FishandChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #73
Icarus
The Final Doomer
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Just port the Mobile/Steam version and call it a day (even if I still miss Knuckles in it)
__________________
"Running SRB2.wad with GZDoom wasn't a good idea"
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #74
tzer
Default

The three things i want to see are the unused extra boss from the 2011 port final fever

and r2 or desert dazzle in the game along with an extra use for the time stones besides good ending.
tzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #75
Icarus
The Final Doomer
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

I'm sorry but this thread isn't really evolving... I mean Sega are the one to have the last word about it...
__________________
"Running SRB2.wad with GZDoom wasn't a good idea"
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.