SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2020   #1
Silver Sonic
ジャヒー様
 
Silver Sonic's Avatar
Default here's an idea: upscaled textures using waifu2x

kwiin sent me upscaled textures for my havocked hive zone to reduce moiré. I kinda like the idea. But what if you took a step further and used waifu2x to upscale the texture? Maybe you guys are interested to take this idea into your toolbox.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HCOMB03.png
Views:	430
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	32277   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20080.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	32278  
Silver Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020   #2
Icarus
Default

"waifu2x"? What kind of name is this?
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020   #3
Silver Sonic
ジャヒー様
 
Silver Sonic's Avatar
Default

Low brow weeb humour I'm sure.
reminds me of that whole pantyshot python package controversy but I digress...


it uses neural networks, check it out if you are interested: https://github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x
Silver Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020   #4
Kwiin
[A person in a place]
 
Kwiin's Avatar
Default

Ayyyy. I like it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev3r
DAAAAARRKRKKKKKK CITTYYY
Kwiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020   #5
Icarus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonic View Post
Low brow weeb humour I'm sure.
reminds me of that whole pantyshot python package controversy but I digress...


it uses neural networks, check it out if you are interested: https://github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x

It's funny how they're making a complex neural networks (which sounds futuristic) but give it a name like that
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020   #6
CST1229
I somewhat miss 2.1...
 
CST1229's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
It's funny how they're making a complex neural networks (which sounds futuristic) but give it a name like that
True Fact: Waifu2x was originally used... to upscale anime characters, hence the name.
__________________
Yes my profile picture is a recolor lol whatever
CST1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020   #7
Icarus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CST1229 View Post
True Fact: Waifu2x was originally used... to upscale anime characters, hence the name.
All these year of science for that.


I honestly find it funny.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.