SRB2K, Can't Join some Servers.

So when I try to join certain servers I get stuck with "Waiting to download game state" and then it stays like that it, until it freezes, I get "Server Timeout" Any reason why this happens?, Since I used to be able to join the servers beforehand just fine.​

Have you tried restarting your computer? SRB2 occasionally has issues playing online that are resolved with a system reboot. Otherwise, I'm not familiar with this specific symptom, so you may want to hop on the discord for more rapid troubleshooting if this doesn't work.

So when I try to join certain servers I get stuck with "Waiting to download game state" and then it stays like that it, until it freezes, I get "Server Timeout"

I got the same issue last night. Restarting the computer did not solve the problem. I even increased the amount of time before the game gives up trying to connect to the server, but it still doesn't make any progress trying to "Download the Game State". It doesn't freeze until the timeout is reached and disconnects from the server, and it only stays frozen for about 5 seconds then it unfreezes and kicks me back to the Main Menu with all of the add-ons that server was using loaded and a "Server Timeout" message (Requiring a restart of the game if I want to connect to any other server).

In my case, it happened to me when I tried to connect to "Foximillian's Stadium w/ mods" last night, but I know I have been able to connect to this server many times in the past. (Although the server went by the name "Foximillian's Server" in the past when I was able to connect to it. I am not sure if this information helps, but I am posting it here just in case it does.)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back