Character Specific Playing Styles and You

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Sonic, all I do is thok all the time.
I don't recall using anyone else for actual gameplay. I just use them for testing levels.

If we're talking about which character playstyles we like best, mine is the Crawla wad that is out there, my own Super Sonic Float character, and the double jump character I made for my friend. Crawla is slow and has a very low jump, but can double jump, so almost every stage is possible as Crawla. There's only one section each in Eggrock 1, Eggrock 2, and Neo Aerial Garden Zone that you absolutely have to switch off Crawla. (In Eggrock 1, I believe the "easy" path is impossible due to the crusher section that Sonic can easily run through, the Tails path in that same section that Crawla can't reach, and the Knuckles path just below which would be stupid for Crawla to even think about; Eggrock 2's waterslide section is impossible to manouver through as Crawla since it can not even move left or right on the waterslide, and two of the long jumps in NAGZ near the end, in the really complex room that has two paths and a few springs, two in a row on the right path - and on the right path's impossible jump, you can jump down to the left path's impossible jump.)

Considering the double jump and SSFloat wads, the one with double jump has no spindash, so it's the highest jump out of all my wads, aside from Metalkirby's Chaos Tails wad, or anything that can fly. The SSFloat wad can spindash, and has its mindash at 60, so it can keep up with a thokking Sonic on a straight path, almost.

It's really fun to use these types of wads when you've stopped caring about going through the game regularily, but it's also still fun to challenge yourself with things like only using Sonic or other thokking characters (Hinote comes to mind, but SMS is cheating with his "blind dash" super jump in a challenge like this) in a place like Neo Aerial Garden Zone.

That is how I play SRB2.

One thing is, I'm better in controlling Sonic in 1.09.4 then in ME. Something was changed with his thok.

It wasn't his thok that was changed, it was strafe. In all the previous versions, strafing while holding forward made you move faster. In 2.0, it doesn't.

I can say that this had a huge effect on certain players, but I don't feel any difference.

It wasn't his thok that was changed, it was strafe. In all the previous versions, strafing while holding forward made you move faster. In 2.0, it doesn't.

I can say that this had a huge effect on certain players, but I don't feel any difference.
No, there must be something else. I mostly play without strafing, but I still feel a difference between 1.09.4 and 2.0. I could be mouselook speed, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back