Enemy cleared linedef executor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Hog

I'm TRYING to follow it as described in the ref document:

Whoever wrote that said:
Like linetype 98, but is only activated when no more objects of type MF_ENEMY exist in its tagged area. Think "destroy all enemies in this room for the door to open to go to the next room". Tag this to a control sector. It will go through the lines of the control sector, checking for any lines of type 58 and checking inside the area occupied by the invisible intangible FOF to see if any enemies exist. If no alive enemies are in all of the type 58 FOFs, the linedef executor is run once. The line length is the tag number of the linedef executor trigger to run.
Thing is, it seems to execute immediately on me, even though there is definitely an enemy in my invisible intangible FOFs. I thought it might be because I was using Eggman at first, but even a Crawla seems to not work.

I have an example here. Can somebody explain what's goin' on?

Oh, and yes, that is a chunk of a level I'm working on. A very small chunk, of only one possible path. Changed the music and level name, though, as well as deleted everything that wasn't necessary to this example WAD.

Shadow Hog said:
I'm TRYING to follow it as described in the ref document:
Can somebody explain what's goin' on?

Whoops. Looks like the description is a little inaccurate. Put the 15 linetype in the same control sector as the #58 FOFs.

If it still doesn't work right, turn on DEVMODE and it'll tell you when/if the executor is being activated when the enemies are destroyed.

As a side note, it WILL function like the erroneous description in 1.1... because that's how I intended it for it to be done (it provides greater flexibility on the areas with enemies you want to check), but for some reason I didn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back