TSSZ SRB2 Reunion Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened last night, and I believe you have to pay for a TSSZ subscription to view the VOD of it. Which is not ideal, but at the end of the day they wanted to put this together, so they have control of distribution.

So it's a interview in a convention?

It was recorded over Skype back on Tuesday, and was aired yesterday to match the time of peak watchers (given the SXSW stuff).

Last edited:
This happened last night, and I believe you have to pay for a TSSZ subscription to view the VOD of it. Which is not ideal, but at the end of the day they wanted to put this together, so they have control of distribution.

It was recorded over Skype back on Tuesday, and was aired yesterday to match the time of peak watchers (given the SXSW stuff).
Ah, I see.
Literally rummaged through my old account lists to find my Twitch account only to be greeted with only a "We'll stream later" screen.

Yeah, I'm not sure how the Twitch stuff works. I'm old.

Part Two airs next Saturday.

Last edited:
Their twitch channel is bugged, I can't see the video.
EDIT: nevermind I need a paid subscription to watch it.

Last edited:
Never watched any TSSZ Interview or even stream before, going to do that now just to finally get a view of some of your faces :p:p:p:p

Just finished watching both parts of the interview and I liked it. It was really interesting on what you guys had to say about SRB2 as a game and as a community. Some of the answers you guys provided were also interesting as well as funny too, it made me smile with some questions like the fan base lol. There needs to be more interviews on the development on SRB2 as well as everyone's views on the legacy itself in the future. I really enjoy what everyone has to say.

Larztard said:
There needs to be more interviews on the development on SRB2 as well as everyone's views on the legacy itself in the future. I really enjoy what everyone has to say.
Future journalism project? ;)

I second this. Would be fun to do post-2.2. Agreed that it was fun to see the personalities in this one.

We had a great time. Johnny and I have known Tristan for about as long as we've been working on SRB2, and there's a lot of 'non-SRB2' history between us that made for some great times both before and after the record button stopped.

Might be cool for us to hop on the discord one day and maybe do something similar but in a public fashion.

I wish I could've been there, now that I've gotten to watch it. Sounded like a blast - even if it would've been interesting for me to offer a dissenting (positive!) opinion on SEGA and the wider fanbase. Oh, timezones...

Also, I did think it was particularily odd how nobody mentioned SUGOI/SUBARASHII. I know Logan's a little shy and SSN and Sonniku have been in and out as time permits, but Rob has no such excuse. :P

I wish I could've been there, now that I've gotten to watch it. Sounded like a blast - even if it would've been interesting for me to offer a dissenting (positive!) opinion on SEGA and the wider fanbase. Oh, timezones...

Yeah, I guess that timeslot would have been hard for Aussies.

One thing I forgot to mention re: SEGA is that I don't think they need much help at this point -- I think they're largely now on-track with what they're doing with Mania. Any gripes I have about the game would probably come out sounding like nitpicking (i.e., it being too safe, but that was probably out of Taxman's control). In a lot of ways though, I also feel like, 'that's great, but you're 20 years too late. I'm 35 now and have moved on'.

I imagine that younger folks also have a much different view of the wider fanbase than some of us older guys like Johnny and I. We came from a time on the Internet where it was not a microcosm of the wider public -- SFGHQ was largely composed of a bunch of tech-savvy teens, because you had to have some above-average technical knowledge to even use a computer, let alone get online. In a way, Web 2.0 really ruined a lot of that, allowing any 9 year old who can't even form sentences to put something online for everyone to see. The Sonic community online used to be a lot smaller, closer, and without multiple members in prison. What I see today is most certainly a lot worse than it used to be, but relative newcomers may be viewing it from a different perspective.

One thing to note, since I don't have much else to add to your post - I am a Brit! I was just a bit tired when you sent me the message about it. :V

One thing to note, since I don't have much else to add to your post - I am a Brit! I was just a bit tired when you sent me the message about it. :V

Then no excuses. Where do you think Johnny is? ;P

Interview seemed good to me when I got to watch it yesterday. ...though I can't help feeling some of the answers you guys gave were off, but I'll have to rewatch it in order to be more specific (and check I'm not remembering wrong).

Brit here too, but my problem was more lack of suitable technology (no microphones for instance) and possibly not a private enough space to appear in a video interview in. Would be cool to appear in some future SRB2 interview thingy that said.

(Provided next time these people use Discord instead of IRC to organise such a thing last-minute, I don't really want to be the development team's messenger for interviews every time simply by being the only dev active confound it)

Last edited:
Future journalism project? ;)

I second this. Would be fun to do post-2.2. Agreed that it was fun to see the personalities in this one.

Noted. I have an interest in journalism so maybe in a couple years if I still have that interest, maybe I'll do it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back