Unable to find a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll Begin

🐑✨
My friend recently gave me his old graphics card, and so far I've been unimpressed, as hardly any games work properly. They mostly give a "your driver is outdated" message. So I went to the NVIDIA website, but I can't see my driver anywhere. I've tried the one listed as "GeForce and TNT2" but that didn't work, and I've also tried the one listed as "RIVA 128/128ZX". Neither of them worked.

So, any help?

All I have to say is that the nVidia RIVA 128 is old.

Think pre-2000.

I tried using one at one point; the onboard graphics I was using were better. They could actually run SRB2, for one. Using the RIVA, I even had lag with Final Fantasy VIII; but if you're really after th drivers, the ones on nVidia's website are the right ones.

Explains why none of the drivers from the site work. And it also explains why I get error messages for various games when I start them up, Observe.

Silkroad Online. I need a language pack.

Freelancer. The game works great still though.

MapleStory won't start up. Period.

SRB2 OpenGL still runs as bad as it did with my even older 8mb SiS card.

So, do you have any proof that his card was better than yours?

I mean honestly, if he just gave you a graphics card with out thinking, there's a good chance it's actually worse.

Freelancer's text never used to appear on my old card, and now the game runs near perfection. MapleStory actually crashed my computer with my old card. I never knew about SilkRoad when I had my old graphics card. And also my computer displays visual effects faster and is capable of displaying in higher resolutions with more colours.

If you just want 2d, the RIVA TNT2 is a fine card.
Its resolutions are not so high but are fine for normal use.
But if you want to use it for 3D, tough luck, it has a low performance and it can barely run anything complex nowadays.
It will probably run glxgears just fine, but don't expect to play a new game on it.

Unlike what Ree-c said, SRB2 can run on anything that has got a framebuffer, because srb2 has a software mode and doesn't necessarily need 3d accelleration. I bet SRB2 in software mode will run just fine on the TNT2.

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back