Permanent servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
when i was in a game, i typed in listserv in the console and i saw a server was permanent

1) what does it mean by that? does it mean it says there forever?

2) how can i make my server permanent? :?

A server runs as long as your computer (or any other computer) is running the software (SRB2 in this case). There is no such thing as a "permanent" server, unless you mean a dedicated server. I don't think SRB2 has the ability to do this, though. You could leave your game on for really long. You could consider this "permanent" but it'll disappear when your computer crashes.

that was just me testing how to add severs "permanently" to the list, don't worry about it

I just can't host a game OR join on one of my computers, it takes ages to load the master server, then it says "page cannot be displayed", join game search takes an age to load, listserv takes an age to load and ends up saying that it cannot connect to the master server, i can't host either, after about a minute its says that i got a timeout on the master server and cannot connect.
What the hell?
The last time this happened i was unable to netgame for over a month!

Ree-C: you can be banned from the master server like i was
just go to, whatsmyIP.net and your IP will be shown at the top of the screen, just give that to logan GBA and she/he (sorry i dont know you that much :? ) can unban you from the masterserver
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, what i mean is that, if you type in listserv in the console, you get a list of running servers

Name: (INPUT NAME HERE)
IP: *Ip Goes here*
*something else*
and Permenant: (yes or no)

if you type this in while a server is running it says something about being "permanent" or Deticated server like FoxBlitzz said
i just want to know how i can make the permenant thing -when you type in listserv in the console- Say, yes or however i can make it deticated would be helpful :|

its configured fine, or else i wouldnt be able to host netgames and stuff

and what do you mean, "behind a proxy"?

proksy.gif

Sorry about that. Have mercy with me.

Seriously now, how would you go around and getting yourself banned from the Master Server? And why would you be?

And Flame, why would you want to create a dedicated server?

...come to think of it, what is a dedicated server? =P

I never changed anything for the internet, and i used tobe able to netgame.

So...how do i get past the proxy server?

Simple; he has a Chuck stick.

Also, he's Logan, that's all you really need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back