• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My first SOC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

True liar.
after learning a little about SOC editing, i have made this pretty pointless edit to the blue crawla, it is now the ultimate choppy crawla!

this just speeds up the blue crawlas to a speed of 60,its not very good, just a little something i made, anyway, here it is!

http://s1.simpload.com/112543876d3d1a878.bmp

note: i had to change the file extension to .bmp to use it on the file hosting service, so just rename it to *********.wad to use it and you have to right-click and choose "save target as" to save it

enjoy!

I still have my first sock, it's hidden in my drawer somewhere.

That sock is freakin' tiny, too!

My first SOC edit was a new enemy altogether....though it was just a carbon copy of the Crawla with a higher speed.

Welcome to the club! :P

my first soc didn't even work!

Good enemy for eliminating players on very hard, shuffle. that error was a nice job.

Oh man, I don't even remember my first SOC ... Do you? Everything around the time of the Linedef Exec Test Zone and SA City is fuzzy now... ... ...

im still wondering how to make completely new enemys, all i know is editing existing ones.

yeah you do! My friend had made a program that does trigonometry for you with C++

And it's better than a calculator. No sin/cos/tan crap, or figuring out vertexes, etc. etc

Oh yeah? Well I made a calculator that can ADD for you! No plusses or minuses, just put in the number.

Ritz said:
It's called C++. You don't want to learn that.

I want to learn that, but im not to sure where to actually get started, the moment i start i'll get confused, i guess i'll have to look for a book that teaches you how to do it, or google it.

ps: is they a soc you can put in mapheaders that allow you to put cutscenes in levels?

SRB2 is programmed in C, not C++, and when you get into the more advanced parts they are very different from eachother. I learned to program simply by reading through tons of code and figuring out what everything did.

SOC edits can hold map headers and map headers can hold SOC edits and SOC edits can make cutscenes like the intro, yes...

i know a little about cutscenes,all i have changed is the "sonic team junior presents" i'm just wondering if they is a command in level headers since digis wad editor has "cutscenes" and "precutscenes" , what are the commands required for making level headers in XWE or Digi's wad editor V0.33?

no-one say to use version 0.66, it wont work on my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back