Ok, this is annoying: Some PSU (Not the game) help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

True liar.
Last week, my friend bought himself an "Antec Earthwatts" PSU, 430, so he could use his new graphics card; the PSU won't work in his computer for god-knows what reason. It works in every other tried, his computer tech at his school tried it in several, we've plugged into my computer, and they all work. Just not his.

He has a Winfast NF3250 (G) K8AA motherboard, with a 20-pin connector on the motherboard, and a 4-pin +12V connector plug as well, which the PSU also has. Also, for reference, it has an AGP8x slot, and is a socket 754 (with a sempron 3100+)

All of this is plugged in, and everything powered up, but the PSU won't start at all, and no power goes through to the board. The whole thing is just dead.

On the side, it reads "12V ATX version 2.2", whereas his old one read "version 1.3". I'm thinking it may be this, but I'm doubtful, since it worked in my computer, which also has a "1.3".

Some help please (especially since he tried for 2 weeks to get this thing and a graphics card he can't even use because of his old PSU being insufficient), and if none can be given, can I be driected to somewhere that would probably know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back