The Orange Box - Some help, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

True liar.
While I personally do not have the magical Orange Box, my friend has, and I will rpobably buy it. However, we came across some problems when we tried to install it on his machine; namely, Steam.

One of the games we both want to try out is Portal, and we also want to play Team Fortress 2, as well as HL: Ep2. But when we tried to install them, Steam tries to download them; the game isn't exactly included on the disc if you need to download it, right? Well. Here's the problem.

He has no internet connection, and to activate the games, he had to borrow my oh-so-slow wireless broadband adapter, with _dazzling_ speeds of 20Kb/s at _best_. 2 days to wait for a game we EXPECTED to be in the box? I don't think so.

So, is it possible to install the game(s) from the disc, like we expected? Or do we really have to use Steam and get it from the internet?

It's a shame, though, since we were really looking forward to playing those games, just to be thwarted by what we think is the worst piece of <#!*^> ever made.

Did you buy it through steam? I did and I had to download about 2GB of data since I didn't have EP:1, EP:2, TF2, and Portal.

I know Shuffle bought TOB and installed it from the CD. Activation of the games through steam has always been that way. You have to have the game activated and then, you can use the "offline" mode.

No, we bought the CD, and we can't seem to find a way of installing HL: Ep2, Portal or TF2 off it.

Where did you get your CD from? I ordered my copy of Orange Box of Amazon and after I activated the product it gave me a prompt to install the game off the cd which saved me time from downloading the whole damm game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back