Fixed Intangible platforms in NAGZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
In Neo Aerial Garden, in the Act 3 section of the level, there are several platforms that are intangible to the player and result in the player falling through them and into a death pit.

The offending room is screenshotted below.
srb20006.png

This bug appears to be caused by one of the linedefs used in the FoF creation having effect 2 attatched, although I don't know the exact use of effect 2 on FoFs, it does appear to make the platforms intangible to the player.

The offending sectors and linedefs are screenshotted below, for reference, the linedef numbers and their sector tags are located here as well.

Linedef 11668 - Sector 473

bugreport4.jpg

bugreport3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're curious, this is triggered by the old difficulty-based flags from 1.X not being properly dealt with in conversion. Hence, platforms that were originally easy-only or hard-only end up visible but intangible in 2.X. I guess I missed a few platforms when doing the porting.

If you're curious, this is triggered by the old difficulty-based flags from 1.X not being properly dealt with in conversion. Hence, platforms that were originally easy-only or hard-only end up visible but intangible in 2.X. I guess I missed a few platforms when doing the porting.

Who had that improved level converter again? He should get around to releasing that so we don't see stuff like this so often.

Who had that improved level converter again? He should get around to releasing that so we don't see stuff like this so often.
If you're talking about the one from the Mystic Realm project, I made that, but it had nothing to do with linedef difficulty flags. It just fixed the object difficulty flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back