• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Changing enemies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAngel

Hiya.

Still experimenting with crazy ideas here.
Trying out drawing new sprites for the enemies and using SOC edits to give them different attacks, etc.
Is it possible to load different enemies for each zone in the game?
For example, the first zone could have Crawlas, Jettys, etc.
Then the second zone would change all the enemies to different versions that fit the theme of the zone better (And are probably more dangerous to increase the difficulty a bit).

Just trying to figure out a way to make different challenges for each zone. Keeps players guessing what kind of sadistic traps are waiting for them around the next corner :wink:

Just throwing in some ideas again...

Actually- no. You *can* use only crawla things and jetty things on one map, then switch to using those other things on the other map, but dynamically editing the thing atributes via SOC isn't possible. Yet.

SPEAKING OF SOCS.
http://www.freewebs.com/cyberhitler/Ritz's socks.rar

99% of the credit goes to JTE, for telling me what to do/teaching me how to soc in the first place. Anyway, load the soc file just as you would with a wad, start a game, and spindash. I rather like the bunny one, the bunnies make this cool wave effect. :0

The latest edition of the SOC Editor lets you make copies of things and states.

Note that until v1.0 of the SOC Editor, SOCs that you make may not be compatible with 1.09.

Man, this sucks. After I finally learn how to SOC the hard way, we get this SOC editor thingy, and now everyone's going to be SOCing and I won't feel special anymore. :(

Meh, I only know how to fiddle with the thok mobjs, so yeah, I wouldn't mind an editor at all.

STAY AWAY FROM 1.09......... THE DOOM......... SRB2.SRB WILL PERISH....... SO WILL GAMEDATA.DAT, SRB2WIN.EXE AND ALL OTHER RELATED FILES....... TURN BACK!!!!! TURN BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!

Seriously. :roll:

To Dev Team: Yes, it works. :evil:
Great. Now, I have to redownload *everything*.

I'll stick with 1.08 until 1.09 comes out, thanks. If I made it and it ain't compatible with what's out right now, as far as I'm concerned, it's broken and needs fixing.

Incidentally, I DID make custom enemies myself last contest... maybe I should separate them from the level/textures and release that as a standalone WAD...

Yeah... robo-Nazis are fun. Unfortunately I used up the only two attacks that'd really work for this kind of enemy so making another one would be somewhat pointless, but...

Really, though, what other gun-related attacks can you think of that aren't Jettysyn-gunner bullets or turret fire? Eggman's, yes, but that's pretty much the same as the Jettysyn's bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back