• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2Colors - SRB2CB mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalaron said:
Hey Pac, I just remembered, maybe you can use SRB2CB's axis-align features for better control of your 2D sections, you just place the aligner object in the sector where the player goes into to 2D mode, and boom, the player starts locked to that position, even keeping momentum and everything. (And it won't restrict the movement after it's activated, the feature is made for setting up the player just when he enters the 2D segment)

You could probably use this for creative uses - like even making the player move forward and back while still keeping to the 2D track :)

Forward and back? Do you mean they'll lock each time when touched? Or move to the angle it points to?

EDIT: This is just a test. this method might not make it in final if things turn out wrong http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJR45Mein7A

I wonder will you guys make those boss fights with Quick Steps using...

You talking about Orcan and Skullian?
I won't be using quickstep for them, BUT...
I have something special planned for the both of those bosses if I can get someone who can help me code in an angled axis 2D mode...

EDIT: (ignore NiGHTS, I need a separate function for both modes)
shot0048.png

Last edited:
1 question, are you going to use a mix of gimmicks from both the Wii and DS versions?

1 question, are you going to use a mix of gimmicks from both the Wii and DS versions?

Unless you mean the 4 act gimmick challenges, that could happen and could lower the load of work on me.

If you mean stage design wise, then I could try to do it.

Misunderstood you.
Answer is yes.

Last edited:
Amazing work. Can't wait for it to come out!

..what a coincidence! I'm making a Sonic Colors MD2 pack. Hmmm....

EDIT: Another thing: will you be doing custom special stages that are like the Sonic Simulator?

Last edited:
But the DS version's special stages are much cooler *brick'd*
Maybe Sonic Simulator can be an unlockable?

Virt the Fox said:
Another thing: will you be doing custom special stages that are like the Sonic Simulator?
Metal-Rawr said:
But the DS version's special stages are much cooler *brick'd*
Maybe Sonic Simulator can be an unlockable?
Sonic Simulator itself is basically the multiplayer for this. I have included a hub world for it hosting servers. (hint: it contains the music, and a theme that suits it. I will provide a screenshot once I get it together.)
On special stages: to do this, I would really need someone to help me to get Sonic to follow a path using objects or such that changes his ingame angle.

Yes I want to do the Colored Ball tracks.

EDIT: whoops! quotes screwed up.
This looks so awesome.When do you think you'll release a demo or something?

I finished the first cutscene already, so once I finish the tutorial stage everyone can play the first act of the new Tropical Resort Act 1(which requires a small redesign)

In short, very soon once I rebuild act 1 to play well for SRB2.

Last edited:
I think change the character skins.

Do you mean I should change the character wads around? (assuming that's what you mean)
Forget what I just said, I just didn't have an answer. I need a spriter for that.

EDIT: I haven't shown anything in awhile, so here's some more skybox mechanics
rso-skybox1.png

shot0049.png
RSO_FAR is scaled down to 64x64 to fit as distant objects. (Yes it looks very ugly at the moment)

EDIT2: Hold on, got some starlight carnival coming up.
Here's your skybox, but the final result contains the airships (which are polyobjects)
shp_skybox1.png

EDIT: Ignore these images, they're trashed and fixed.

Last edited:
That skybox looks terrible, to be honest. I mean, the colors and everything look fine, but the repetition and the boxy-ness of it all just breaks any immersion completely.

Why don't you make it a regular sky?

That skybox looks terrible, to be honest. I mean, the colors and everything look fine, but the repetition and the boxy-ness of it all just breaks any immersion completely.

Why don't you make it a regular sky?

I'm understanding that completely now since the edges don't match up to the star textures.
The star textures don't fit as expected like in the cutscene space I made. I'm getting rid of it.
Before
shot0050.png
After
shot0051.png

shot0052.png
But don't worry, these aren't final. I'm getting the skybox to be dynamic as possible so you can move through the space it provides. (and fix any errors that continue to make it look wrong)

Also, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Excuse me, but may i take terminal velocity act 1? Can you send me the resource wad so i can get started please?

If you need any graphical help (title screens, boss graphics, etc.) I can help.

Thank you! I could use this kind of help since I might use a lot of graphical feats. (especially wisps, using model over bmp lowers quality :<)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back