Remove spindash trail

Hi everyone. I recently started playing SRB2. A few days ago, I added some extra characters, but there seem to be some inconsistencies with the trail/afterimages that appear whenever a character performs a spindash or a spin attack: for instance, Mighty's trail is unusually big, while Ray doesnt have a trail at all. This inconsistency really annoys me. Besides, I never liked the trail that much to begin with.

My question is, is there any way to disable/remove the spindash trail for all characters? Thank you

My question is, is there any way to disable/remove the spindash trail for all characters? Thank you

Not yet, if you are making a character and you want to remove it from your character, it is possible with fidddling around in the S_SKIN/P_SKIN

Ok, I managed to remove the spinsdash trail of some mod characters by adding "spinitem = MT_NULL" and "revitem = MT_NULL" to the S_SKIN file of each character, as SIG7 said. Is it possible to do the same with the stock characters? I tried editing the player.dta file, but the game will not run if the file is modified. How about targeting the different S_Skin files inside player.dta via mod? Would it be possible?

The game files have a hash check so you can't modify the game.
Use something like P_SKIN (patch skin) to modify the base game skins i think.

I see. The thing is, I want to edit all 4 stock characters that can spin. So, should I create several P_SKIN files (one for each character), or only 1 that targets all of them?

I think a Lua script like this would work:

Code:
addHook("ThinkFrame", function()
    for player in players.iterate
        if player.spinitem
            player.spinitem = 0
        end
    end
end)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back