Help at a Soc attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
I've been looking at soccing recently. I've already created a projectile version of the THZ boss goo, but I got bored with that. Now I have this great idea, but it hasn't turned out so well. I was trying to combine the basic Red Ring projectile with the Mouse thinker so as to create a chaotic throwing item, but it hasn't worked well so far... It appears that the mouse needs to be on the ground in order to move like it does, but as a missile item, it disappears on contact with the ground. Any hints that could put me on the right direction would be highly appreciated.

(I'd submit an example of what I have so far, but it's buried kinda deep in my "experimentation" soc.)

I've never gotten mousethink to work quite like the mice either. I'm thinking you need a massive delay in-between each call, rather than calling it each tic. Try increasing the duration of the states calling it.

Tried it... The thing still flew like a normal thrown ring. I've also found just now that turning off the missile and no gravity flags got me a little ring that moved around like a mouse on the ground. It seems, like I mentioned in my first post, that the mouse thinker needs the object to be on the ground, but if I turn the missle flag on, it disappears on contact with the ground.

Maybe I could use the Jetty-Syn or Crawla Commander thinkers. Or possibly the flicky.

EDIT: Just in case someone reads this topic again, I have 2 new questions...

I've got a new soc, and a modified Tails to go with it. My questions are:

1. How exactly do you apply a soc to a character so that only that character can use it?

2. Would I release such a fusion in the Character forum, or the SOC forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back