Sky that won't tile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro the Magma Fox

Totally not using Hydreigon
Heya! What are the dimensions (width and height) in a sky texture needed to make the sky wrap around the whole level without tiling? (like in ERZ2 where the sky doesn't tile so there is only 1 planet Mobius visible)

Width-wise? ERZ's planet sky is 1024 pixels wide, so that's your width limit.

Height-wise? That on the other hand you *can't* truly stop the tiling effect for - the tiling is even noticable with the large skies if you fall a long enough distance downwards. Otherwise, best option would be to go for anything over 512 pixels tall, given that's how tall all the big SRB2 skies are.

Yeah, 1024 covers a full rotation. Can't really vouch for vertical tiling, and that tends to be the more problematic one; best of luck with that.

Also, it's not Mobius, it's "The Planet". </pet peeve>

...Sonic and friends don't live on THE Planet... And I thought 1024 was full rotation because of the width

Can I make it clear the planet Sonic and friends live on in SRB2 isn't important? It could be "Mobius", "Earth", "The Planet", or whatever - who cares?

Also, I'm guessing ShadowHog thought we were talking about horizontal (width) tiling, which probably is causing the confusion there.

Don't forget to break the sky into 128x128 patches to prevent rendering errors.

Also the planet is obviously named Sepwich. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back