What you are most looking forward to in SRB2 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sprites for SRB1 remake suck because...well, have you SEEN SRB1? It was drawn entirely in MS Paint by a 12 year old.

I wanted to make the sprites look like their original counterparts instead of whole new designs that actually make sense because, well... you are playing a mod based on SRB1, what do you expect? Also, I like the designs because they are ridiculous. I wanted to keep the basic design of the sprites, but clean up the shading a bit. I made some changes (like have CZ64 make the big buzz on RBZ look MORE derpy than the original), but it is only to make it more ridiculous.

I wish I could show you one of the sprites JEV3 made for one of the bosses though. It makes a ridiculous design actually look cool.

With some of those sprites, even the original author doesn't have a clue what it was supposed to be.
This is true, I asked about several of the sprites to help me shade it a bit better on what they are supposed to be, and he had no idea.

A playable multiplayer.

Have you ever seen the bad end of a client side game? Sure having full control is nice, and a telephoning opponent isn't really a problem in race/co-op. But in Match and CTF, I do not want 90% of my shots missing because the person I see is not actually where they're supposed to be, and I don't want to fight invincible players just because they have a bad connection.

I personally want to see the netcode improved a bit so there isn't as much lag when a player joins. I also would love infinite join waits to be fixed. (Like when a player joins and just CAN'T connect, freezing the game for everybody else.) Fair enough the "laggyness" is better than Client Side games (I'd much rather be able to get hits on people/get hit by people after a lag spike then miss people every single time due to bad connection.)

Hate to break it to you yet again, but as we've said many times in the past, the netcode in 2.1 is just as shitty as the netcode in 2.0.X. 2.1 is an update mainly to stages and customization features, not major engine improvements.

Overall viewing

Hate to break it to you yet again, but as we've said many times in the past, the netcode in 2.1 is just as shitty as the netcode in 2.0.X. 2.1 is an update mainly to stages and customization features, not major engine improvements.

So, this is somehow what i said... The game's main point is the story (and it's surroundings, maybe) so there's not much expected to the rest (if we can call everything else as so). However, mainly does not mean only, before anyone starts saying something about that commentary. Just saying, i think there should be sub-forums (in SRB2 Discussion) called: Future versions and Master Server; to avoid a lack of organization with threads related to these 2 subjects. But, let's try not to 'evade' this thread's main point: what people want to see in SRB2 2.1

Seems people can't read.

This is not a secondary suggestions topic and I explicitly said not to turn it into one.

Seeing as that's exactly the direction this went, I'm just going to go ahead and lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back