How do I port 2.1 WADS? (and 2.0 and maybe 1.09 for that matter)

DiamondYT

Before you ask, No, i am not releasing these WADS in the MB.

So, as the title says, how do i post wads? Preferably 2.1 and 2.0 wads.
I will appreciate the help in many ways. Thank you for reading i guess.

(also please don't mind if some words are spelled wrong.)

If you're porting 2.1 wads, I have some good news for you.

In terms of maps, most of the thing types, linedef types, sector effects, etc. are the same from 2.1, except there are a few things that tend to not work. The biggest example being:
Zoom tubes
Speed pads
Polyobjects
Maces
Also, you'll have to convert most of the graphics from the 2.1 palette to 2.2 tho.

Lua and SOC stuff tho, you'll need to actually learn a bit of and whatnot if you want to port stuff there without it breaking.

And as for v2.0 and Final Demo, you'll have to do quite a bit of work to get these to work, ESPECIALLY in the case of Final Demo.

If you're porting 2.1 wads, I have some good news for you.

In terms of maps, most of the thing types, linedef types, sector effects, etc. are the same from 2.1, except there are a few things that tend to not work. The biggest example being:
Zoom tubes
Speed pads
Polyobjects
Maces
Also, you'll have to convert most of the graphics from the 2.1 palette to 2.2 tho.

Lua and SOC stuff tho, you'll need to actually learn a bit of and whatnot if you want to port stuff there without it breaking.

And as for v2.0 and Final Demo, you'll have to do quite a bit of work to get these to work, ESPECIALLY in the case of Final Demo.

I meant like Character WADS- Oh wait is that what you meant by "you'll have to convert most of the graphics from the 2.1 palette to 2.2 tho."?

Yu port them by going into them with SLADE and doing them mostly by hand. All the graphics need converting to the new palette, all the sprites need renaming to the new animations, the OBJECTCFG/MAINCFG and S_SKIN files need changing/updating, you need a new Character Select pic since the old ones don't fit with 2.2's style, and its not required but firework graphics for the All Emeralds ending are very appreciated, and always disappointing when they're missing. For reference to any of these needed changes, just look at vanilla's own character files.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back