some more n00bish questions from yours truely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiruba

Ok, I need some help. I made something like an "Official Sevrer" and when I add it it says a whole bunch of unknown words. Since the wiki is down I can't figure out what the problem is. Also when I add it the cecho message doesn't appear on the screen.

A Screenshot:
2rrw22r.jpg

I hate to double post but it still didn't work. Still unknown words, still the message refuses to show when I play a netgame. Anyone willing to help me?

you also need to make a MAINCFG saying
Code:
Level **
ScriptName = SCRIPT
ScriptisLump = 1
for each level you want this to appear on

EDIT - put your code into a seperate thing away from the maincfg, an example would be making a new entry with the name scripts

Sorry, still didn't work. I'm a supposed to seperate like the Match levels from the co-op and etc, etc? I need someone to explain step by step for this here n00b *shot* Seriously though.

Right because im to lazy to explained i created the scrpt for you so you can work from that, and yes this does work to how you wanted it (I think)

Linky

In Maincfg:
Code:
Level ##
Scripname = (Name of other file here)
ScriptisLump = 1
and than in the other file (who's name you put as the value for scriptname)
Code:
cecho "Hello and welcome to Devil Hunter Dante's official server.\More Features will be added later because this is beta version.\For more information contact SparkTheHedgehog at\[url]http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb.\\Thank[/url] you for coming."
EDIT: The \'s are line breaks. The way you currently have it, it will override itself.
EDIT 2: Thanks for showing me I had the \'s wrong.

Sky Ninja said:
In Maincfg:
Code:
Level ##
Scripname = (Name of other file here)
ScriptisLump = 1
and than in the other file (who's name you put as the value for scriptname)
Code:
cecho "Hello and welcome to Devil Hunter Dante's official server./nMore Features will be added later because this is beta version./nFor more information contact SparkTheHedgehog at/nhttp://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb./n/nThank you for coming."
EDIT: The /n's are line breaks. The way you currently have it, it will override itself.
I thought it was the \ lines not the / lines *stabbed*

I think now we have the same problem...
I wrote:
Used link to save bantwitch.
If you can't see the letters:
Code:
cecho "welcome to superusuario's server!enjoy your/nStay!Read the rules by typing rules in the console!/nThis thing is in-progress..."
alias rules "echo 1. follow the MS rules(As always)."
In SRB2 appears:
srb20064.png

Can you help me too?

It appears that all you text is crammed into the center, heres what i did and works fine
Code:
cechoduration 12
cechoflags 1048576
cecho "Welcome to Devil Hunter Dante's Server\More features will be added later\\\\\\This is only a beta version\\\\\\\For more information contact SparkTheHedgehog at\[url]Http://www.ssntails.sepwich.com/mb\Thank[/url] you for coming!"
Im sure everyone's putting / instead of \ >_>

Silent_Snipe said:
It appears that all you text is crammed into the center, heres what i did and works fine
Code:
cechoduration 12
cechoflags 1048576
cecho "Welcome to Devil Hunter Dante's Server\More features will be added later\\\\\\This is only a beta version\\\\\\\For more information contact SparkTheHedgehog at\[url]Http://www.ssntails.sepwich.com/mb\Thank[/url] you for coming!"
Im sure everyone's putting / instead of \ >_>
I edited mine so it's / instead of \, but I'll edit it back.

EDIT: Also, mine comes out scrambled too. Before I edited it and after. And after I edited it back srb2 just shutdown on me.

Upload your wad file so i can fix the errors and tell you where your going wrong because i don't understand the problem

Code:
cechoduration 12 
cechoflags 1048576 
cecho "Welcome to Devil Hunter\Dante's Server\\More features will be added later\\This is only a beta version\\For more information, contact\ SparkTheHedgehog at\[url]http://www.ssntails.sepwich.com/mb\Thank[/url] you for coming!"

Try this. Maybe you didn't have enough line breaks.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Code:
cechoduration 12 
cechoflags 1048576 
cecho "Welcome to Devil Hunter\Dante's Server\\More features will be added later\\This is only a beta version\\For more information, contact\ SparkTheHedgehog at\[url]http://www.ssntails.sepwich.com/mb\Thank[/url] you for coming!"

Try this. Maybe you didn't have enough line breaks.
No, it's working now. Can you answer my other question?

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Another question, how do you make console commands like how usario said type rules in the console!
Easy!
Code:
Alias <name> "<Commands>"
Easy,Huh?An example:
Code:
alias suservhelp "echo Type rules to watch the rules.;echo type suservadmins to see the current admins.;echo SUserv has been done with XWE."
Will lead to:
srb20065.png

Does that answers your question?

Superusuario said:
SparkTheHedgehog said:
Another question, how do you make console commands like how usario said type rules in the console!
Easy!
Code:
Alias <name> "<Commands>"
Easy,Huh?An example:
Code:
alias suservhelp "echo Type rules to watch the rules.;echo type suservadmins to see the current admins.;echo SUserv has been done with XWE."
Will lead to:
srb20065.png

Does that answers your question?
And where do I put this at? In the MAINCFG , SCRIPTS or make a whole new entry?

EDIT: This has been resolved. Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back