SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion > Bug Reports

Old 04-26-2020   #1
cookiefonster
Wiki Admin

Default Area under ? block incorrectly colored underwater in Pipe Towers Zone

The area underneath the block is colored as if it were outside of water. I assume it's supposed to be be a little darker than its surroundings instead.

Last edited by Monster Iestyn; 05-02-2020 at 05:34 PM.
cookiefonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020   #2
Monster Iestyn
Fangtastic
Administrator

Oh, this is an old one! This is because the FOF is shadowcasting, which creates a "light" that overrides the colormap "light" above it from the top of the FOF downwards. Non-shadowcasting FOFs, on the other hand, don't get this weird situation IIRC.

This bug could be fixed, but it's hard to tell whether doing so would have any unwanted side effects. Might have to be a 2.3 thing if so.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020   #3
cookiefonster
Wiki Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
Oh, this is an old one! This is because the FOF is shadowcasting, which creates a "light" that overrides the colormap "light" above it from the top of the FOF downwards. Non-shadowcasting FOFs, on the other hand, don't get this weird situation IIRC.

This bug could be fixed, but it's hard to tell whether doing so would have any unwanted side effects. Might have to be a 2.3 thing if so.
Does this issue hold for everything underwater, or just this specific case? I'm just curious.
Old 05-12-2020   #4
antonretrojr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiefonster View Post
Does this issue hold for everything underwater, or just this specific case? I'm just curious.
I think it does for everything shadowcasting underwater, as Iestyn described:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
<...> This is because the FOF is shadowcasting, which creates a "light" that overrides the colormap "light" above it from the top of the FOF downwards. Non-shadowcasting FOFs, on the other hand, don't get this weird situation IIRC.