SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2020   #21
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

A Sonic CD "re-remake" including Desert Dazzle, Knuckles, a level select and Super Sonic would be cool too...
__________________
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Get Ready!
Icarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020   #22
Winins
SRB2C Researcher
 
Winins's Avatar
Default

Well, Knuckles would be cool, as well as a true final boss other than the fidget spinner that we fight in Metallic Madness. An eighth special stage would be cool too, allowing you to turn into a psuedo-Super Sonic like those S boxes in version 0.02.
__________________
Listen

Last edited by Winins; 04-17-2020 at 09:01 AM.
Winins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020   #23
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winins View Post
Well, Knuckles would be cool, as well as a true final boss other than the fidget spinner that we fight in Metallic Madness.
Hahaha the "fidget spinner" is hilariously accurate! I wish Final Fever was an actual final level with a true final boss like they did for Sonic 3 & Knuckles.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Winins View Post
An eighth special special stage would be cool too, allowing you to turn into a pseudo-Super Sonic like those S boxes in version 0.02.
Version 0.02 of Sonic CD remake right? Even Sonic 1 on mobile had that bonus chaos emerald with Super Sonic so why not here as well?
__________________
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Get Ready!
Icarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020   #24
Augus
 
Augus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBW View Post
If it was my decision?
* Non-shitty time travel mechanics. (IMO, the super peelout should just trigger time travel automatically.)
There are a lot of problems with the way time travel is implemented but this wouldn't be a good solution. Time traveling should still require you to find a part of the level that will allow you to build up speed. It's just how the game is designed.
Augus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020   #25
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

To be honest the Super Peelout may looks cool but this is just an alternate, spinless version of the spin dash... I'm fine with seeing it in Sonic Mania and Sonic 3 Complete as an added bonus but it's not mandatory.


Also Time Twisted implemented time travel in a better way than Sonic CD.
__________________
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Get Ready!
Icarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020   #26
Winins
SRB2C Researcher
 
Winins's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Version 0.02 of Sonic CD remake right?
I meant the 0.02 prototype, but that works too.
__________________
Listen
Winins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020   #27
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winins View Post
I meant the 0.02 prototype, but that works too.
Ah yes, the "Salad Plain" version.


I wonder why Sega didn't allow Whitehead to implement Super Sonic as a post-game bonus (like after getting all Time Stones or finishing the game with both Sonic and Tails)
__________________
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Get Ready!
Icarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020   #28
Moose the Fat Cat
Permanently Banned
Default

Time Travel being connected to speed in Sonic CD is the single cock-blockiest mechanic in the entire franchise, considering the level design is more aggressively impeding your momentum with obstacles here than any other title.

I'd change the Time Posts to work like Star Posts... you flip the post, and a portal/warp ring appears.

If we must keep TT's connection to speed, then make it so that the warp portal only appears if you hit the post at top speed. So, you can flip the post a bunch of times gently, but only running past at top speed triggers the warp portal.

You'd find the Time Post, charge up a Spin Dash or Super Peel-Out, and release. Spinning the Post creates a Sonic 1-style Warp Ring in your immediate path, so you can maintain the intended Back to the Future-inspired feeling of going super fast to disappear in time.

Last edited by Moose the Fat Cat; 04-23-2020 at 04:28 PM.
Moose the Fat Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020   #29
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose the Fat Cat View Post
Time Travel being connected to speed in Sonic CD is the single cock-blockiest mechanic in the entire franchise, considering the level design is more aggressively impeding your momentum with obstacles here than any other title.

I'd change the Time Posts to work like Star Posts... you flip the post, and a portal/warp ring appears.

If we must keep TT's connection to speed, then make it so that the warp portal only appears if you hit the post at top speed. So, you can flip the post a bunch of times gently, but only running past at top speed triggers the warp portal.

You'd find the Time Post, charge up a Spin Dash or Super Peel-Out, and release. Spinning the Post creates a Sonic 1-style Warp Ring in your immediate path, so you can maintain the intended Back to the Future-inspired feeling of going super fast to disappear in time.
Something similar to Sonic Time Twisted?
__________________
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Get Ready!
Icarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020   #30
Moose the Fat Cat
Permanently Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Something similar to Sonic Time Twisted?
I'm not familiar with it but maybe yeah idk
Moose the Fat Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020   #31
FishandChips
AKA Mario Wumpus!
 
FishandChips's Avatar
Default

Boosting around at the speed of sound!
FishandChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020   #32
Winins
SRB2C Researcher
 
Winins's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishandChips View Post
Boosting around at the speed of sound!
So you want the Boost formula in Sonic CD. Huh.

I normally disagree, but I respect your opinion.
__________________
Listen
Winins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020   #33
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose the Fat Cat View Post
I'm not familiar with it but maybe yeah idk
You should check this fangame, it's not as good as Mania nor BTS/ATS but it's still a nice spiritual sequel to Sonic CD.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Winins View Post
So you want the Boost formula in Sonic CD. Huh.
I normally disagree, but I respect your opinion.
I'm pretty sure it was a joke but I'll be honest, if CD got drop dashing it would make it a bit faster considering how slow the original game was.


On a side note I find it curious how some of what are considered as the best Sonic game aren't that fast (like Colors not having a lot of boosting, especially compared to Unleashed and Generations because of the 2D sections and emphasis on the Wisps or CD with the more vertical level design and its emphasis on exploration).
__________________
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Get Ready!
Icarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020   #34
Jonster
[Insert meme here]
 
Jonster's Avatar
Default

Honestly, I already enjoy the game the way it is. That's not to say that it cannot be improved, just that vanilla CD is already a great game. Anywho here's what I would like to see -

Desert dazzle coming back would be a joy, but possibly reviving R2 would way past cool.

Why wasn't`t Knuckles the chuckles in the 2011 port? He could definetly bring a whole new experience to the table. Amy could work too.

Make special stages worth playing. While they are quite fun to play, they are only there if you want to 100% the game. Adding a Super Sonic of some kind would make the game much more fresh.

And finally, the option to choose which theme would play in which stage (example - having the US theme for PP play in act 1, and then have the JP theme for the bad future in act 3).

Althought, if sonic CD were to get a re-release under the Sega Ages branding, it would probaly just be a port of the Taxman version.
__________________
I am now sans undertale go into my eye
(SW friend code: 3326-8442-2909)
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263)
(Discord servers: https://discord.gg/frUyfyp | https://discord.gg/dVZS3YG)
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020   #35
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Honestly, I already enjoy the game the way it is. That's not to say that it cannot be improved, just that vanilla CD is already a great game. Anywho here's what I would like to see -

Desert dazzle coming back would be a joy, but possibly reviving R2 would way past cool.

Why wasn't`t Knuckles the chuckles in the 2011 port? He could definetly bring a whole new experience to the table. Amy could work too.

Make special stages worth playing. While they are quite fun to play, they are only there if you want to 100% the game. Adding a Super Sonic of some kind would make the game much more fresh.

And finally, the option to choose which theme would play in which stage (example - having the US theme for PP play in act 1, and then have the JP theme for the bad future in act 3).

Althought, if sonic CD were to get a re-release under the Sega Ages branding, it would probaly just be a port of the Taxman version.
I would agree that Sonic CD itself is a very fine game (even if it suffers from the flaws of Sonic 1 considering that it was basically Sonic 1.5).


The Taxman port could've been much more honestly... especially since the lack of a Super form and level select makes it so getting all Time Stones isn't that useful outside of seeing a different cutscene (like in Sonic 1).


As for Sega Ages I'm sure Sega won't port the mobile remake like how they didn't for Sonic 1 nor 2.
__________________
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Get Ready!
Icarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020   #36
Jonster
[Insert meme here]
 
Jonster's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I would agree that Sonic CD itself is a very fine game (even if it suffers from the flaws of Sonic 1 considering that it was basically Sonic 1.5).


The Taxman port could've been much more honestly... especially since the lack of a Super form and level select makes it so getting all Time Stones isn't that useful outside of seeing a different cutscene (like in Sonic 1).


As for Sega Ages I'm sure Sega won't port the mobile remake like how they didn't for Sonic 1 nor 2.
Why woudn't they port the 2011 version? Sure, times have changed, but Sega proved that they are much more willing to port that version to different platforms than sonic 1 and 2.
__________________
I am now sans undertale go into my eye
(SW friend code: 3326-8442-2909)
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263)
(Discord servers: https://discord.gg/frUyfyp | https://discord.gg/dVZS3YG)
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020   #37
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Why woudn't they port the 2011 version?
They would've already done it, the Switch could easily run it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Sure, times have changed, but Sega proved that they are much more willing to port that version to different platforms than sonic 1 and 2.
Where?


Anyway why couldn't they change it again by including stuff from the 2013 remakes of Sonic 1 and 2 as well (like having a playable knuckles or a stage select after finishing the game).


I would even like if they managed to make you choose the music per stage rather than switch it entirely.


Anyway I'm not here to make a rant but Sega could do better about their classics...
__________________
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Get Ready!
Icarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020   #38
Jonster
[Insert meme here]
 
Jonster's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
They would've already done it, the Switch could easily run it
Well, I guess that's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Sure, times have changed, but Sega proved that they are much more willing to port that version to different platforms than sonic 1 and 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Where?
Back when it released, Sega actually ported it to different platforms for seemingly no reason when compared to the other ports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Anyway why couldn't they change it again by including stuff from the 2013 remakes of Sonic 1 and 2 as well (like having a playable knuckles or a stage select after finishing the game).


I would even like if they managed to make you choose the music per stage rather than switch it entirely.


Anyway I'm not here to make a rant but Sega could do better about their classics...
It's quite unfortunate that, if sonic CD ever get's ported to switch, it would probaly be the original version with a high quality intro and the same additions as the other Sega Ages re-releases.
__________________
I am now sans undertale go into my eye
(SW friend code: 3326-8442-2909)
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263)
(Discord servers: https://discord.gg/frUyfyp | https://discord.gg/dVZS3YG)
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020   #39
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
 
Icarus's Avatar
Default

What's Sega's problem anyway?


Between the musical license problem with Sonic 3 (and or without Knuckles), the fact they won't port the mobile remakes to PC and CD to the Switch and the fact that they won't even port some modern sonic game to the newer gen...


They're really missing a lot by only making Genesis collections as well...




Back to Sonic CD: I got a bit frustrated when I learned that you couldn't go back once you reach Metallic Madness Act 2 because I had 6 Time Stones out of the 7...


Getting 50 rings to the end of the level is one thing, but having to go back to the past, find the cage and hologram and repeat for every acts (except the boss one) is a bit tedious... even worse since Tails doesn't even get the good ending when he managed to find every ones.


This is why a Sonic CD definitive edition is mandatory to compliment the visuals and musics of the game.
__________________
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Get Ready!
Icarus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020   #40
Jonster
[Insert meme here]
 
Jonster's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
What's Sega's problem anyway?


Between the musical license problem with Sonic 3 (and or without Knuckles), the fact they won't port the mobile remakes to PC and CD to the Switch and the fact that they won't even port some modern sonic game to the newer gen...


They're really missing a lot by only making Genesis collections as well...
The fact we don't get that stuff truly fill's me with sad boi hours.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Back to Sonic CD: I got a bit frustrated when I learned that you couldn't go back once you reach Metallic Madness Act 2 because I had 6 Time Stones out of the 7...


Getting 50 rings to the end of the level is one thing, but having to go back to the past, find the cage and hologram and repeat for every acts (except the boss one) is a bit tedious... even worse since Tails doesn't even get the good ending when he managed to find every ones.


This is why a Sonic CD definitive edition is mandatory to compliment the visuals and musics of the game.
You are very much correct. Sure, I don't find it as tedious because I've beaten the game way to many times, but it's still is quite frustrating. In my first few playthroughts, I could find everything except the holograms and that damn bad future generator in MM2. CD's level design really isn't best. Also, the fact that Sega probably won't a make full-on remake/definitive version or even just a re-release of the 2013 remakes and some modern games is very dissapointing.
__________________
I am now sans undertale go into my eye
(SW friend code: 3326-8442-2909)
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263)
(Discord servers: https://discord.gg/frUyfyp | https://discord.gg/dVZS3YG)
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.