How do I make a kart char? (REDUNDANT)

Jonster

yes yes hello
So, recently I decided to make a chracter mod for SRB2 Kart. The only problem is... I don't know how to make a character. I don't know how to create custom sprites, where to put sounds, I don't even know if the "patch.pk3" file is the correct one to use when editiing. If someone could teach me how to do all that jazz, I would greatly apreciate it!

EDIT: My copy of slade also tends to crash alot, so I might not even be able to use it as a way to make a character mod.

EDIT 2 - I recently found a tool called ``KartMaker``, and it look`s like a super-simple way to make character WADs, so this thread is kinda redundant.

Last edited:
So, recently I decided to make a chracter mod for SRB2 Kart. The only problem is... I don't know how to make a character. I don't know how to create custom sprites, where to put sounds, I don't even know if the "patch.pk3" file is the correct one to use when editiing. If someone could teach me how to do all that jazz, I would greatly apreciate it!

EDIT: My copy of slade also tends to crash alot, so I might not even be able to use it as a way to make a character mod.

EDIT 2 - I recently found a tool called ``KartMaker``, and it look`s like a super-simple way to make character WADs, so this thread is kinda redundant.

This is actually the 1st time that i go to this section and i only know how to use slade :/ But if it has a convert option. All you need to do is to make a picture of the Player in the kart (idk where to get templates but you don't need them, you can make him in a vehicle of your choice but you need to make it soo yeah, try to search) then port your picture to the wad you're making. Convert it to SRB2 color pallete and rename it for example : if it is a front Sprite of the character, name it NAMEA1 (NAME is an example to put your characters name in the picture but with 4 letters) If your character looks the same both sides then for the next Sprite you can rename it as NAMEA2A8 for the Sprite too be mirrored when the câmera sees from that side. If not then you need to do extra sprites like A6, A7 and A8(but the other sprites need to be renamed without the others. You can import other characters made by other People just to see how the mod works. Then it will be easy for you to understand this. Next you make a text named S_SKIN to know that your character will be recognised as a additional Player for the game. (You can check out some of the other text on the other mods for the same purpose) and you get to edit your characters statistics by making him faster or slower( I actually never Edited statistics ;-;) And if you completed all the steps. Congratulations, your mod is functional now :D Just make sure that you test it conform you make some progress and watch out for the names of the sprites, you never know when one of them has the same name :). Hope this helped.

Also SRB2 has a check for modifying default game files (srb2.pk3, etc...) so editing patch.pk3 is out of the question. Use WAD/PK3 files instead.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back