SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

SRB2 on the Wii is serious win. Awesome job, GCfreak/Callum. 'soon's the controls are working, this is a total insta-download for me.

What's keeping the controls exactly from working anyhow? Usually it'd be like first or second priority to get the controls converted to work on the Wii and getting SRB2 to accept it... so what's making this harder than it should be?

There may be a bug in SRB2's code somewhere that prevents the controls from working when SRB2 is in framebuffer mode, not sure where it is but I'm trying my best to find out what the problem is.

There may be a bug in SRB2's code somewhere that prevents the controls from working when SRB2 is in framebuffer mode, not sure where it is but I'm trying my best to find out what the problem is.

Well, take your time; Rome wasn't built in a day. Soon, you'll get your castle erected. It's sweet that SRB2 actually goes ingame now and as soon as the controls are working properly, I will definitely give this a try. keep up the good work.

Here is a screenshot of the loader program I'm building for SRB2wii. Cool eh?
srb2wii_loader.jpg

I think you guys need an update on what's happening:
I shall come out with this, plain and simple. We now have working controls on SRB2Wii. The old SDL GameCube framebuffer driver I was using before isn't compatible with SRB2's controls. Alam is making a brand new one based off of fbcon, which does have working support for SRB2's controls. Through using this, I can play SRB2Wii, although because Alam's new driver isn't finished, it still uses the RGB colour space while the Wii uses the YUV colour space, so the colours are off. Alam has been testing this new driver on my Wii through a remote shell and it works well so far. The driver will be finished very, very soon, I assure you. =)

I got the SRB2wii loader to load one file at a time so I'm guessing that will be in the next update and sometime in the future you'll be able to load multiple files at once.

After checking through the thread, I was able to not each of your conflicts and fixes. 1: The obvious RGB to YUV fix is used from many engines on the Wii. If anything, you could try and locate homebrew that has had this problem and see if they have a fix that they released to the public. 2: The gamecube conflict has been seen PLENTY of times before. Unfortunately 3D engines have yet to truly fix this. There is a combined conflict with the nunchuk. It seems the engine can't detect the stick's axises in alternate ways. The stick is always reading the ENTIRE axis as only down and left for all sides. I've seen a fix to the gamecube's axis on the Quake GX engine. Anyway, if you notice conflicts in movement when you get nunchuk and gamecube controls included, don't be surprised. it's a common glitch. Surely it can be resolved if you get it. Anyway, hope we see another version update soon!

Alam will have no problem applying a YUV layer in the video and the nunchuck controls work fine. I don't know if Gamecube controllers are working yet though.

Callum, can you make netgames work with Wii Speak if people have one, like me?

Netgames won't work at all, Indy94. SRB2's netcode has incompatibilities on big-endian systems much like the Software renderer had.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back