Srb1 for Srb2 (scr_srb1beta3.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean Great Forest zone? Well, I am going to do that one in a later time. Its for a couple of reasons,
1. I haven't found a good textures that makes it look like a forest.
2. The first act isn't all that intesting, unless the boss is in there, but I don't think I can make a boss (at least at this point).

So, yes Great Forest will not be in the next beta, but I think I will put it in the final version, with a few changes.

EDIT: I started working on this again recently, so I made a very rushed beta 3 in time for Christmas. I put the original sprites from srb1 to this wad, so it isn't a complete waste of download.

I know that the two end zones aren't nearly finished, but I wanted to put something to show progress.

Torgo said:
EDIT: I started working on this again recently, so I made a very rushed beta 3 in time for Christmas. I put the original sprites from srb1 to this wad, so it isn't a complete waste of download.

My opinion is that the point of SRB1 - SRB2 modification would be that the enhancements of SRB2 go into SRB1. Including the sprites. :\

When I started, I wanted to make a less buggy srb1 to play (granted 2d mode has its bugs too).

But, I see your point, I will upload an alternative srb1beta3 soon.

So a sonic robo blast remake on sonic robo blast 2 huh? Very nice Torgo. I think you should catch on with this.

All right, now it's really starting to shape up. Especially Lake Zone 1. It really does feel almost like an authentic Sonic game, though I know many people will disagree on that. I DO think, however, rather then abrubptly ending each act with a sector just stopping and looking into the sky, that you add a giant pillar thing at the end of each act. It'd look more...Normal.
And the scenery is still nonexistant. It really WOULD be a nice touch. You may or may not want to add it, but in my opinion, would go a long way just throwing in some flowes and tagging GFZGRASS to stick up out of the sectors at the edges.

Also, IF you want (Though, I can imagine this making the file massive), I could dig up my MP3s of each song as you add them in, and convert them to OGG, if you'd so wish.

Well, I wanted to make it feel like the level will continue to the next zone, rather then having a pillar at the end. If there is a way to make the camera stop moving at a certain point at the end like the classic sonic games, the illusion would be a little better, but I guess I will but a pillar at the end in the next one.

I am sorry I didn't include the music in the non-sprite version (I just realized that >_<). I think I will stick with the midis, since they are smaller than oggs.

Thank you for your comments, I enjoy LZ1 the most as well.

I don't think I'm seeing the problem with OGGs if you actually go and make two seperate wads, one containing the actual levels and MIDIs and another containing just the OGGs.

Dark Warrior said:
My opinion is that the point of SRB1 - SRB2 modification would be that the enhancements of SRB2 go into SRB1. Including the sprites. :\

But if we rid of the classic Sonic sprites, how else would we crack "earless" jokes? It isn't SRB without it! :|

Also, you should remove every reference of Sonic's ears in this WAD. That includes title, continue, credits, etc.

Penopat said:
Dark Warrior said:

But if we rid of the classic Sonic sprites, how else would we crack "earless" jokes? It isn't SRB without it! :|

Also, you should remove every reference of Sonic's ears in this WAD. That includes title, continue, credits, etc.

Then wouldn't it be easier to use Sonikku.wad from way back when? It STILL looks better then the old sprites, AND has your earless leader joke stuick in. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back