scr_nuclearsunset2-2.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueZero4

(not a palindrome)
http://www.freewebs.com/bluezero4/scr_nuclearsunset2-2.wad

Have a scrapped level. :D

Nuclear Sunset 2 never really had the spark act 1 did. Mainly because it was a freaking ripoff of Nuclear Sunset 1. And, while the beach looks and feels different with tide, that beach makes up most of the level, as opposed to act 1 which had a different texture set at every turn. Act 2 has a really small variety of theme, which sucked. Addtionally, this level was created for a good portion using act 1's sky, and it looked darn good, too. That shouldn't have happened. Expect another, better Nuclear Sunset 2. Too bad you're going to have to wait a month for it.

Criticism encouraged, though I can't say you'll ever see the impact on this particular level.

Edit: Changed filename so that when I submit the real deal to the contest you still have this one laying around. D:

From what I have seen, this is very nice. I found some redwall in this though.

This is the only major flaw I have seen. Aside from this, the map is nice. Confusing at times, but nice.

Well, I have to say the rising and falling "surf" on the beach was a very good idea. This lack of "variety of theme" you mention I disagree with. You are allowed to make a level that only uses one or two texture sets. Its not like you have to change the look of the whole level every time someone turns a corner. =/

I await the improved version.

See, the thing is, I get bored of doing the same old textures throughout one level. It's not like And as far as the tide goes, that was added late in the process as a last ditch effort to fix the exreme similarities.

And just so you know, I won't be "improving" this. This is scrapped. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back