Creating and Adding Socs to a character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliwood

For my character that I'm making (in Sig), I want to make a Soc where, whenever he spindashes, he leaves a trail of Fire, and he can jump the height of 130 instead of 100, I don't know how to do either of these, nor so I know how to add Socs to a character...so can anyone help me out?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about that, too. Except instead of a fire trail, I wanted the character to infinitely shoot out Auto-Homing-Missiles. Admittedly, changing the thrown item gets a similar effect, but it's still not infinite.

but that might be over powered =O but the Homing ring is slow so...
but I'd still like to know how to get these 2 socs, I really would like them to be added

To get that fire trail thing i think you have to look into the code of the Fire Shield... Or figure it out yourself... The Fire Shield leaves a trail when you spin...

@Eliwood
Get the Thing for the Fire Trail (I forget what it is it might be hard coded) and set it as the Spin Item.

@Zion
Go into SOC edit, set it to A_TURRETFIRE (or if you want it to hit Super Sonic A_SUPERTURRETFIRE) and set var1 to the Auto-Homing Ring (I forget it's number)

astar said:
Go into SOC edit, set it to A_TURRETFIRE (or if you want it to hit Super Sonic A_SUPERTURRETFIRE) and set var1 to the Auto-Homing Ring (I forget it's number)
DeltaPhoenix said:
The thing type for the Auto Homing ring is 120
That could work for Eggman, but what I was talking about the player, like this, but without changing S_SKIN.

It works for any object. It'll still be infinite and he'll throw it while spinning, unless you want him to GAIN an infinite amount of rings, then you have A_SPAWNOBJECTRELATIVE every frame and you make a new object that spawns an Auto a Homing and And infinite Infinity

Eliwood said:
For my character that I'm making (in Sig), I want to make a Soc where, whenever he spindashes, he leaves a trail of Fire, and he can jump the height of 130 instead of 100, I don't know how to do either of these, nor so I know how to add Socs to a character...so can anyone help me out?

Um... Any help here? or are you guys gonna talk about object's I'm not going to use...Also, here's a new one I need to...

I need someone to help me make a soc where the character boosts, but when they boost, it uses spindash frames, but also limits turning and requires 30 rings...

Well then...what about a boost?

Eliwood said:

Than what about JUST THIS?
Eliwood said:
I know The Flame Trail is possible, Nitemare does it.

The Jump Height 130 requires Hardcoding, I was strolling through the SRB2 Source code and saw the cheat checks for that. It said something like:

Code:
if
          jumpheight > 100 jumpheight = 100
[/code]

A-star said:
The Jump Height 130 requires Hardcoding, I was strolling through the SRB2 Source code and saw the cheat checks for that. It said something like:

Code:
if
jumpheight > 100 jumpheight = 100

Than how would I do that? Would I open a text file and call it .soc? or what? because I actually don't know how to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back