What anime do you watch (If any)

Status
Not open for further replies.

super

newbe comic artist
Well I haven't seen a topic on this subject so Ill might as well make one.
So what anime do you guys watch during your free time? Do you go for action filled shows or shows that have a little more story put into it.
I'm in the story driven part as some anime gives me inspiration for things that I draw (Like my project I'm working on now).
Here is a list of Anime's that I have watched
Love hina
.Hack
Sonic X
Chobits
Zero no Tsukaima seasons 1+2
and Air gear
So, what animes do you watch? (And to the people who go "OMG anime is gay" Please give a reason to why you think that before posting into this topic, you don't look cool doing so, you just look like a idiot)

The only anime film off the top of my head that I truly enjoy watching is Spirited Away. I'm at a loss of words right now as how to describe it, though.

However, if we are to dive into the realm of the TV series genre, then I'd have to say Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note with a touch of Bleach.(which is currently broadcasting craptastic filler, though it's nearly over after several long months) I'm quite into FMA, the writing is brilliant, the voice acting for the English dub is some of the best I've heard and the animation is superb. I'll take fight scenes from FMA over fight scenes from One Piece (ugh), Naruto (UGH), and Bleach any day.

Now what I can't understand is what's so awesome about Lucky Star and series that have the whole schoolgirl concept. It feels as though the only people who would watch those shows are horribly off pedophiles.

EDIT: Shit, did I just totally forget to give Speed Racer any mention?

The anime's I watched are:

Metabots
InuYasha (Yes, InuYasha is awesome)
Sonic X
The King of Fighters: Another Day (Yeah, an awesome internet anime, despite the terrible voice acting)
Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z (I hate Dragon Ball GT)
Bleach
Devil May Cry: The Animated Series
Kurokami: The Animation

Last edited:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood the opening is awesome........ and good lord the ending..... pure awesome.
old FMA
original gundam- gundam 00
Clannad (also playing the visual novel)
Bleach
Naruto
Infinite Ryvius
Sonic x (jap)
yu gi oh
Bokurano (The series is very cruel to the 15 kids.)
Gad Guard
Last Exile (One of the best anime EVER created. There are no mounds of filler for one.)

Spazzo, we forced you to watch Spirited Away. Get off your high horse.

I've watched far more anime than I'm willing to list, but I'd say my favorites that aren't Miyazaki films would be Scrapped Princess and Twelve Kingdoms.

Hey, I didn't lash out against Anime, I simply said that it isn't my thing. Yes, I've seen Spirited Away and it was certainly better than what I was expecting, I'll give you that.

I've been looking for an excuse to list my favorite anime series and movies. Going first are the ones I've seen in the past. First four are my absolute favorites, the rest are in no particular order.

Scrapped Princess (I've watched it at least three times over, it's that good)
Death Note
Air
Haibane Renmei
Ghost in the Shell (original film and Stand Alone Complex)
Akira
Evangelion
Gurren Lagann
Fullmetal Alchemist
One Piece
Dragonball Z (none of us care if you hate it)
Last Exile
FLCL

I'm currently watching Kanon (2006 remake) and Index, near the end of both. Going to have to start searching for something new soon.

Everything on my shelf, minus Bleach. I gave that away to someone and didn't watch past the first season.
Others that I've seen include Rozen Maiden, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kanon (2002), and Potemayo.

I've watched more than my fair share of anime.

Rozen Maiden
Love Hina
Kodomo no Jikkan (Season 1)
Chobits
Powerpuff Girls Z
Kanokon
Starship Operators
Peach Girl
Ninja Nonsense
Hayate no Gotoku
To Aru Majitsu no Index
To LoveRu
Rosario + Vampire (Season 1)
Spirited Away
Zero no Tsukimia

Amongst that, I'm not sure if I can list more. :(

I never really watched a good anime. (I'm sure Avatar doesn't count!)

If anyone wants to link me a good anime then fine.

Naruto/DBZ isn't that great....

I don't like Anime, maybe its just the ones I watched are bad but...

Lucky Star <3~
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

If you don't like it, then Haruhi will eat you.

Or you'll turn into a chocolate cornette, either works.

I don't really watch anime compared to cartoons, but I did watch several things like:

Sonic X
Spirited Away
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Dragon Ball Z

And that's all I can really think of that I actually watched. I watched some scenes of Death Note, and the American Dub of Zatch Bell and One Piece, but that's basically it. I really wasn't into them though, so hurr.

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Naruto
One Piece
Sonic X has it's episodes

I'm pretty sure that I've seen more but I can't remeber them right now.

Ghost_Zero said:
Lucky Star <3~
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

If you don't like it, then Haruhi will eat you.

Or you'll turn into a chocolate cornette, either works.
Same. I like Sonic X(JAP) and DBZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back