Colormap not affecting water surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

STHE123O

Little Monster
So, I want to make the water green on the inside and outside. I used linedef 606 with the color #008060. It is green on the inside but not on the surface, any ideas why? I used colormap in the past and never had this issue...

servidor de alojamiento

I think you're missing the letter that you add at the end of a colour code that determines the intensity of the colourmap.
E.g. "#008060" should actually be "#008060*".

Where I've placed the asterisk is where a letter should be placed. e.g. #008060A or #008060B.
The further down the alphabet you go, the more the colourmap becomes visible in-game.

Also you only need to type in the colour code in the upper front texture unless you're going to add more settings to it.

It still doesnt work, even with the letters. Its so weird. I tried copying the same control sector I used for colormap in one of my old levels but its still not working...

Sorry I've misread your first post, a colourmap applied to a water fof should be visible inside and on the surface.
However if you're using a water fof that isn't very transparent and has blue water texture on it's surface (like BWATER01 or FWATER1) then it may make the colourmap that's inside the fof, less visible from the outside.

I've just tested it and it works for me.
Here's an example wad: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5jp8qo22vpufq37/colourmaptest.wad
Was this the effect you were looking for?

I think you're missing the letter that you add at the end of a colour code that determines the intensity of the colourmap.

Actually, you don't need the alpha value technically! Mind you, it just defaults to being fully opaque (as in, what Z would give you) if you do that.

Actually, you don't need the alpha value technically! Mind you, it just defaults to being fully opaque (as in, what Z would give you) if you do that.
Whoops, my mistake.
I thought you were supposed to put a "0" instead of an alpha value at the end if you wanted the default intensity.

Alright I think I understand what you're going for. I'm going to assume that you're using an opaque water FOF.

If you want to create the effect that I think you mean, then you could make another FOF atop of the the water one, this FOF will be given the linedef 200 (light block).

Set it's floor height to the celing height of the water FOF and set its ceiling height to any height that's above its floor height. Tag this FOF's control sector to the same colourmap linedef.

Now you should have the colourmap affecting the surface.
Like in this gif: https://gfycat.com/DigitalSaltyAmericanshorthair

Last edited:
Alright I think I understand what you're going for. I'm going to assume that you're using an opaque water FOF.

If you want to create the effect that I think you mean, then you could make another FOF atop of the the water one, this FOF will be given the linedef 200 (light block).

Set it's floor height to the celing height of the water FOF and set its ceiling height to any height that's above the its floor height. Tag this FOF's control sector to the same colourmap linedef.

Now you should have the colourmap affecting the surface.
Like in this gif: https://gfycat.com/DigitalSaltyAmericanshorthair

Ohhhh GREAT idea, it worked, thanks you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back