• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST218

http://st218.sepwich.com/raisebounce.wad

This wasn't in 1.08. When you step on a rising floor, and it sends you through a platform FOF (the intangible from bottom ones), you will be shot up. This effect is demonstrated on the left. On the right is a regular rising floor, no platform FOF above it.

Why was this added, and is there anyway to turn it off? It's cool and all, but some people (myself included :p) have times where they don't want that.

Okay, Shuf just found something out. It the player is jumping as they hit the FOF, it won't work. If you try to use a stop player linedef exector to keep them from jumping, SRB2 will screw you over and lock up. I just reported this in the bug report topic.

EDIT: (pasted from bug report post) Okay, I found out the real culprit. The stop player is from 511-512, so it's trying to keep putting you in the center, or something, despite the LE being "each time". However, there's still no way to keep the player from jumping, and thus, no way to keep the launching effect from not triggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back