SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2019   #1
Sinny33
Yes. Sonic and Gun exists

Default Sinny's MD2 Contest Thread

This is basically simpler to Chrispy's SRB2 Kart Character Contest but this one focuses on MD2s and on all assests on Vanilla SRB2.

The Score will be focused on 3 factors. Character Model, Animations and Wad/Pk.3 Support. All are 5 points each. The total amount you can get is 15.

The Basic Rules:

Your MD2s can be done in a Classic or Modern but must be Highpoly Md2s and must work with Jeck Jims existing ones.

Your MD2 must be the same character in the Wad/Pk.3 that you're using. (No putting Bean into Jet basically.)

The MD2 you make must have a blend

NO incomplete MD2s

You can collab with others on this

The Models can be from existing games but have to be edited to fix either Classic or Modern Sonic Character Style (if there are no models of that character)

Mario Characters are ok.

SRB2 Kart MD2s are allowed.

Have fun with this.

Deadline is TBA

Last edited by Sinny33; 09-28-2019 at 11:11 PM. Reason: (This is no longer a Contest just a MD2 Community Pack)
Old 09-28-2019   #2
STG3
Part of the SSG3 team

Yeet. I'm not a 3D modeler so old
Old 09-28-2019   #3
XleederTH
íReremy

Quote:
The Signpost part of the Character's MD2 must be a Sprite
It's not possible to have the 3D model not replace the Sprite, unless it's separated from the Character.
Old 09-28-2019   #4
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

Will you be submitting a model yourself?
Old 09-28-2019   #5
montague

once you finish your model(s) for the contest can you please send them here as a quick example? i wanna make sure i don't mess up anything haha, wouldn't wanna post something silly on the mb
Old 09-28-2019   #6
Ikkarou Tatsuru
gametype man

Do you have any expertise in modeling to be hosting a contest on models and acting as the judge? It's important to note that Chrispy's content pack is not a contest in the slightest, just that: a pack, and the objective is getting constructive critique out of it, so there's no competitive nature about it. This being the complete opposite, not having any sort of prizes involved and also being restricted to a category of MD2s of your personal preference makes it pretty questionable.

Last edited by Ikkarou Tatsuru; 09-28-2019 at 02:06 PM. Reason: i got quoted lol
Old 09-28-2019   #7
XleederTH
íReremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkarou Tatsuru View Post
also being restricted to a category of MD2s of your personal preference makes it pretty questionable.
It kinda makes it like he wants us to make 3D models for him? He said they have to fit with Jeck Jims high poly models.

Last edited by XleederTH; 09-28-2019 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Making a correction.
Old 09-29-2019   #8
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Yeah, you are not doing this.

Chrispy's pack was started to encourage users to create and share their own personal work in a package that would be more enticing for servers to run, as well as be evaluated by a known artist in the community, and the actual contest part is pretty secondary to all of that.

Meanwhile, this "contest" is just an excuse to get a bunch of people to do work for you. There is little reason to do this contest as opposed to creating the content for themselves. I'm stopping this now before it gets out of hand.

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
Closed Thread