Map header question and sprite question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
I don't know if this question was answered a thousand times, if so, I'm sorry.

But anyways, I have XWE, and I am adding map headers to my level mod, I was reading Srb2 wiki on how to do it, I read all of it, but for some reason, the headers won't work. I don't know what I've done wrong, but can someone help me please?, thanks to whoever can help. I used XWE to add the headers with the filename, mapxxd.txt.

Also I can't get Lumpmod to work even when I put it in the same directory in my Srb2 folder.

And I'd like to ask one more quick question.

I'am also making Chaos emeralds sprites too, but when I upload them, there is a bit of white background with it, I'am using MS paint, is there a program that can get rid of the coloured background?, or can it be sorted?.

Thanks again whoever can help.

For the spriting thing:
The one I use the most is Macromedia Fireworks, but there're other programs as well. The most used are Photoshop and Fireworks, so Google those. They both have free trials, which can easily be extended by setting your computers clock back. You can also buy it OR look for activation codes on Google.

Have fun.

Level Headers?
I do this with maplumps...

LEVEL 1
LEVELNAME = Test
ACT = 1
NEXTLEVEL = 2
TYPEOFLEVEL = 4099

This for example will make map01 a single-coop-race level called "Test Zone 1".
"NEXTLEVEL = 2" means that map02 will be used as the following level.

Writing the code into the MAINCFG might work, too.

I've done the level headers, it's just adding them to the wad, I did that, and it wasn't working.

Then where is the problem? :?

- Open your wad with XWE
- Create a new lump
- Rename it to MAINCFG
- Put code inside it

OR

- Open map with Doombuilder
- Open "Scripts"
- Open the maplump of your map (MAP01D for example)
- Put code inside it

I try running Lumpmod, but it just doesn't respond to me, I have the srb2 game, my wad in he same folder, and I went to start on windows and went to run, and I entered exactly what it said on level header tutorial and this is the error I get from it.

Windows can not find "Lumpmod" Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again,click the start button, and then click search.

I've either changed something, or it's lumpmod.exe?.
:?

Just don't use lumpmod but directly XWE (http://srb2wiki.sepwich.com/index.php?title=XWE). It is very easy!

Open your level-wad or your levelpack-wad with XWE, then click on "Entry" in the command line on top of the window, choose "New" and name it MAINCFG.
In the left column an object called "MAINCFG" will appear and be specified as "MARKER". Right click on it and chose option "Change Type...". Set the entry's tipe to 1.
Now the MAINCFG will be specified as "LUMP". Afterwards leftclick on the entry and write down the levelheader-codes into the lump one after another.

It should then look like this way, for example:

headersgv7.png

Now close XWE and the program will ask you to save the entry "MAINCFG". Click yes and open your wad with SRB2. All levels will be renamed.
[In my case the first three zones will now be called "Cool Cave Zone 1", "Cool Cave Zone 2" and "Cool Cave Zone 3".]

Right I've done what you said on the post and I've made the lump, and the headers.

But for some reason, the headers don't seem to be activated, I really don't know why, sorry, this is my first time doing headers, and this kind of thing so please bear with me. If you like, I can send you the wad (altohugh it's not finished yet) things still need doing before I can release it.

Sorry for the double post, but I just managed to sort the problems out, thanks for helping whoever helped, and GCFreak when he helped me on MSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back