Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate RPing

• RP? What's RP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPs can be fun at times, but soon you start to get bored and then theres nothing really else to do.

I find RPs quite fun sometimes, mainly serious ones on IRC. An outright insane 'RP' tend to be funny at times, but overall serious ones are more fun. It was a while ago since my last, though. When it comes to serious, though, it starts to become a problem (For me, for some reason) when vore is involved.

A nice vocabulary and large imagination is what's needed for a decent RP.

This is only IRC, however. RPing anywhere else... I find rather stupid, unless it's an actual game made for roleplaying.

Heck, role playing doesn't neccessarily have to be a "i'm this, you're that. I do this, you do that." sort of thing; Halo 2, for example. Me and my friend take roles for it, he's a sniper and gunner in warthogs, while I'm a driver and fighter. Go battle rifle. Apart from that, it's just a normal Halo 2 game, as we always use the private chat function in Live or Windows Live Messenger. (On a side note, we're virtually unstoppable in a Gauss Warthog.)

If there's a game like WoW (Neither of us play that, I'm not too fond of the pay-to-play), then I could see us really getting into character. Well, me, at least. i'm that kind of person.

What I see people in here calling third-person RPing is technically referred to as "writing round-robin". It's not actually a form of role play.

As far as I know, I've never done it. To me, it's pretending to have a real life on a netgame, which is why hangout levels are frowned upon. Just the thought of RPing in a server sounds retarded.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
As far as I know, I've never done it. To me, it's pretending to have a real life on a netgame, which is why hangout levels are frowned upon. Just the thought of RPing in a server sounds retarded.

Warpshade wasn't asking about doing it inside a game, actually.

Forums RP's are good, until SMS ruins them with some bull crap about an asteroid 4 times the size of Earth speeding towards it and accelerating. *shot*

I don't see the point of RPing in SRB2, the mind can produce FAR more interesting scenes than DoomBuilder/WadAuthor/[Insert map editor name here].

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
I love to go around RPing! Anyways, can we start an RPG here in the SRB2 forums?

I guess you want a hoard of stupid recolors talking about their god powers and then getting banned. Honestly, that's a horrid idea.

Megaboom1 said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
I love to go around RPing! Anyways, can we start an RPG here in the SRB2 forums?

I guess you want a hoard of stupid recolors talking about their god powers and then getting banned. Honestly, that's a horrid idea.
No....I don't want that. That does sound like a horrid idea. Aw well. I'll just continue to RP on the SEGA forums.

Alba Garcia Clerigues said:
I have voted RP? What's RP? Because I do not know RPing.

READ.

Shadow Hog said:
RPs are essentially story-telling, but with multiple authors working together on the story. I typically find this to be in third-person, although I've seen first-person ones as well (where people generally act as if they are the character, and leave it at that; more frequent in chatrooms).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back