Your most astonishing coincidences/chance encounters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
Any of you guys ever have something happen that is such an astonishing coincidence or chance event that it seems like it couldn't possibly have actually happened?

I just had one today. For my sophomore and junior years in high school, I had the most amazing counselor. She understood me better than almost anyone else, and was always ready to calm me down or show me what I had to do when I was overwhelmed or angry. It is not an exaggeration to say that she was like a second mother to me. She took a new job during my senior year, and it was so tough for me to say goodbye to her. Throughout the year I hoped she would be able to visit, but she never had the time. She wasn't even able to come to graduation, and it really disappointed me.

Now, today, I just went and saw Toy Story 3 with my family. And after the movie ended, I heard a very familiar voice saying my name. It turned out that she was in the theater, just a few seats away from me! It was so awesome to see her again and tell her about everything that had happened since the last year. And I learned that she was now more than eight months pregnant, too! It made my day, and I'm still in shock that it happened.

So...how about you guys? Any similar stories?

Last edited:
Actually every once and a while, I would say something, and seconds later it happens... It's weird. Aside from that, I don't have many chance encounters...

My two friends were playing "snakes and ladders" and they asked if I could play.. I didn't want to, mainly because, well, I didn't. So I just watched and one of my friends was in a square near a snake and I said "roll a one" and she did. Then she ended up going down the snake, and for some reason, lost.

Actually every once and a while, I would say something, and seconds later it happens...
Say "Five hot girls will knock on Chaos Knux's door wanting to have a sleepover at exactly 23:59:59:99 on 07-04-2010." Please... I need this.

In all seriousness now, I really can say I've had any chance encounters, but as for astonishing coincidences... OH MY F***ING GOD! I can't tell you how many times my dreams turned out prophetic. Essentially my dreams can be divided as such:

• 70% - nothing
  • 25% - prophetic
  • 5% - epic like my post in the dreamtelling thread.

Say "Five hot girls will knock on Chaos Knux's door wanting to have a sleepover at exactly 23:59:59:99 on 07-04-2010."
I lol'd, ( then actually said that for lolz)

I do have some ( as in; quite rarely) odd dreams that seem to prophesies something in my life ( nothing amazing or interesting, just "You'll be here, doing this." or something).

Aren't these things more of conveniences? But there's defiantly times when I'm thinking of something, and it happens sometime later. It could be a few minutes or days, such as an episode of a TV show I reenact in my head comes on the same day. Although, this might because there's always a chance of something happening, and when being compared to the amount of something not happening it...Oh, you know what I'm talking about.

On dozens and dozens of separate occasions, I have thought of a particular episode of The Simpsons (or sometimes Seinfeld), or a particular quote or event from that episode, only to see the episode that night. It's become a very regular occurrence.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Say "Two groups of five hot girls will knock on Chaos Knux's and Fawfulfan's doors wanting to have sleepovers at exactly 23:59:59:99 on 07-04-2010." Please... we need this.
*Fix'd*

I can't tell you how many times my dreams turned out prophetic. Essentially my dreams can be divided as such:

• 70% - nothing
  • 25% - prophetic
  • 5% - epic like my post in the dreamtelling thread
For me, the breakdown is more like:

• 75% - nothing
  • 23% - epic
  • 2% - prophetic

Well, mine is sort of like Fawfulfan's. The 1st Grade teacher at my old school, one of my favorite teachers ever, had retired. I think it was when I was going into 3rd/4th grade. But then, a couple months ago, I saw her again at my church. Cool, huh?

On dozens and dozens of separate occasions, I have thought of a particular episode of The Simpsons (or sometimes Seinfeld), or a particular quote or event from that episode, only to see the episode that night. It's become a very regular occurrence.

Dear god, same here. It would always be with some old nickelodeon shows though, like Rugrats or Jimmy Neutron.

Could someone PLEASE define what y'all mean by "prophetic"?
I think they mean dreams where you dream about something and then it happens to you some time later.
Indeed we do.
Also:
Say "Five hot girls will knock on Chaos Knux's door wanting to have a sleepover at exactly 23:59:59:99 on 07-04-2010." Please... I need this.
I lol'd, ( then actually said that for lolz)
Didn't work. D=

Last edited:
I used to live in California and had a friend there named Alec.
I moved to Illinois.
4 years later I go camping in Arizona and see him at a restaurant on the campsite. o.o"
That was a wow moment.

Lottery

Someone I knew won the lottery. 1 dollar, he went and bought another lottery with it.

He lost. It was sad, but amusing.

Moral = Dont be STUPID!!!

I've had somewhat phophetic dreams. Once (like I said in the dream thread) I was dreaming about sitting on the toilet, then I realized I was.

Moral = When on the toilet get it done and leave, don't daydream.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back