• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

KIMOKAWAIII Is My Origin, KIMOKAWAIII Always Waits And Is Intensely Interested

Update for Robotnik's Fortress 1:

So, what's new?

• The Mace has been slowed down a bit to allow a easier time as Sonic or Knuckles.
    [*]The map's brightness has been given a boost.
  • Some graphical errors have been fixed.

Hopefully people can enjoy the map even more now.

Last edited:
Update x2

I updated my map lol
You want to know whats new? uh ok then..

• You now start on a water slide, How "Cute"
  • New little short cut at the beginning was made
  • New texture was added... i guess thats cool
  • Oh that spring part at the end? it should be easier to do rather than using sping momentum to get up
  • Uh more things but i cant remember.

Pure Rock Zone updated.

• Tripled the checkpoint count.
  • Custom sky and an appropiate skybox for it added.
  • The rock-hopping bit at the end of the saw gauntlet is now optional. The barrier has been lowered so Sonic can just jump over it and hurry to the hole with the button. He'd missing out on some newly-added goodies that way, though.
  • Bunch of small visual improvements and minor gameplay tweaks (that one spring I talked about earlier is gone now lol).

Abandoned City is Updated :

-Added Monitors and Rings in the Buildings.
-The lift in the cave part is no longer automatic anymore.
-The Bowling Pins are now Working.

the wad is updated in first post.

Last edited:
Judging by how many people have been using the polish phase's time wisely, I will be extending the date to May 26th @ 11:59pm EDT. The true final stretch begins! I will be around with KAWAIII Preview 2 soon, and the last batch of 18 maps all reviewed soon after!

Verdant Valley, now with record attack!

Verdant Valley has been updated, mostly for record attack stuff.

-Added Score, Time, and Ring emblems!
-Added a yellow spring near the Armageddon Shield, so getting the score emblem as Sonic won't be so slow.
-Removed the one Whirlwind Shield in the map, since it was literally useless.
-Got rid of one emerald spawnpoint.

Last edited:
Sal, you may need to hotfix it again because the spawnpoint on my map doesn't seem fixed :L

(also I took the L apparently, that was pure genius of you Lat')

Last edited:
Well, now there's a Preview 2a, then. Same link. Fixes a whole bunch of different miscellaneous errors across most of the maps.

Bio Satellite has been updated.

Patch Notes:
  • The polyobject room has been heavily modified, namely to remove the polyobject.
  • The game should no longer crash with characters whose normal speed is lower than their run speed. They should also be able to charge.
  • The end laser gauntlet has been made much more forgiving. The first half has normal gravity and no space countdown and the second half has an alternate path which should be easier overall, but much slower.
  • Record Attack and other emblems have been added.
  • The Level is more detailed and some secrets have been added.

Reviews: The Sequel. I've opted to skip some of the maps that I've covered privately with the author before and/or I didn't have much to say about.

Knothole Valley Zone (Wumbo)
Cute little level. The blocky style is charming. All I can complain about is that there's just a bunch of really open, empty spots.

Nova Shore Zone (DrTapeworm)
Lots of really interesting gameplay scenarios, and absolutely beautiful. There's nothing I can complain about here that you don't already know about.

Bio Satellite Zone (Chaobrother)
My main complaint before the update was that the gimmick was crammed in at the end, and it's good to see you made steps to fix that, but still can't help but feel like the gimmick's introduction is a bit rushed. I feel like the first room could be something like a boost floor, a bustable wall, and you HAVE to figure out how it works before you're allowed to proceed. The speed pad just doesn't make it that clear what's going on, in my opinion. Interesting platforming otherwise, though!

Redcurrant Brewery (Monster psychic cat)
A very solid level! Super into the music choice, too. This is another level where all I can say is that I want more! Another path, or maybe doing more with the bouncy orange goop, I dunno!

Mr. Triangle The Pizza Delivery Guy Mania 1.5 (Root & Yacker)
Gosh, this takes me back to the Game Maker days, I love it! Very brilliant! All I recommend is telling the player that they can shoot up; I had no idea, and I beat the boss's pinch phase before I learned that by just respawning over and over to get a few shots in :V

Raspberry Desert Zone (Revan)
This one is so good!! Especially the mace hopping segment on the slopes!! But then it's a button hunt. Aw... I would've probably loved this a whole bunch more if all of the content was just in a straight line.

Green Hill Zone (LJSonic)
This one kinda makes me wish there was a humor award, but then I'm reminded that encouraging that just causes unfunny stuff, so nevermind! Still, the cutscene is hilarious, and the tech is incredible! The only nitpick I can think of is to maybe make the stage just instantly construct itself in Record Attack :p

Diamond Valley Zone (Badz)
Honestly, probably the most creative use out of Pointy I've seen (even though it's not even technically Pointy anymore, heh). The level is incredibly solidly put together, too! I'm honestly shocked that this is your first SP map.

Amethyst Aqueducts Zone (Ikkarou Tatsuru)
The puzzles that you have here are actually pretty cool! I just have two issues that hold me back from loving it: the gargoyle switches being identical to the player switches, and the timers on the switch powers being super strict. Change both of those and I'd be in love.

Sleeping Egg Zone (Nintensis)
I love this one! Challenging but not too challenging, and speaks to my inner Sonic Chaos. The spring powerup may not be incredibly useful, but gosh dangit, it's fun to use! My complaints are that the textures can look really grainy, especially on 640x400, and my game chugs pretty bad on some of the bigger outdoor areas.

Midnight Shores Zone (Steel Titanium)
I recommend scaling this one up. Feels a bit tiny. Don't really have much to say on this one, it's a pretty standard level, maybe a bit too short. Could use a lot more stuff to do, and alternate paths to check out.

Morning Heights Zone (Firework917)
Hey, I like to see the minor little improvements getting added every update! Hope to see this more fleshed out soon. In that final room though, try making the bottom level not as empty.

Arle Satan Bayoen Zone Tsuu (Tripel the Fox)
Thank you for fixing the lag and netplay issues! Excited to see this in the final version c:

Acidic Alpines Zone (Lach)
I've definitely said this stuff on Discord before, but let me jot it down in a more permament form. Really clever level, Boulder Shield is fun to use. The camera swerve from the acid should be a bit less strong so that you can platform through it. The miniboss should have a rainbow effect to better indicate what's going on there. Instead of the old Brak hit sound [SSHHH--DING!] when making an ineffective hit on the miniboss, it should make the Egg Guard shield hit sound [buuwamp].

Oceanside Cave Zone (Rumia1)
There's not enough that I can really comment on here, really. Just extend it, please!

Verdant Valley Zone (Fres)
Fairly standard Emerald Hunt stage. I'd like to see this even bigger and have more rooms, so that the Advanced Emerald Hunt stuff can shine further. Oh, and a minor thing, but I think making the whole level a bit darker would be helpful for depth perception.

Submerged Corridors Zone (Q.T.D.)
A really pretty THZ-themed level! I like a lot of the ideas in it. Something I want to nitpick though, is this one pipe with a Force Spin floor in front of it that it needs. Not too shabby otherwise.

Whew! It's pretty tough reviewing nearly 37 maps! Now that mouthful's out of the way, I am looking forward to everyone's final polished versions! :D

So, I'm hosting the preview wad in a downloadable form on the MB, and the bugs I found so far are.

The lives not displaying correctly on the scoreboard

and in Cutout Warehouse zone, one player reported that the spike enemies were invisible for some reason.

Updating this as I go along

Fixes

Checkpoint, untextured wall, another checkpoint

That's... literally it.

I'm boring.

Original post updated.

So, one of the players in my server keeps complaining about frame drops and lag absolutely everywhere. I can't confirm this, but it seems that people are lagging out whenever I host this preview wad. plz optimise

That's just the Lua overhead, from what I've seen(at the time this post was made). Not only do you have the preview wad added, but a bunch of characters also, which most likely has it's own script, adding even more to the overhead. Not much TehRealSalt can do about that.

Makes sense, although it seems that only certain players gets the lag while others got perfect fps, probably just normal stuff.

On another note both Nova Shore and Cutout Warehouse crashes in OpenGL mode and Green Hill does not work in coop

Update (last one I swear >_>):

* Added Record Attack Emblems, Score, Time and Rings, had to beat the map over and over and over to make sure they're not too easy to get :p
* Minor visual glitches fixed.

File updated in the original post.

I'm honestly shocked that this is your first SP map.
I have to admit I'm cheating a little with that label, considering I got to hone my skills with MM8BDM Obstacle Course and all...

Anyway, I updated my original post with a slightly improved version of the map:
-Added a little bit of extra scenery, including the, uh, diamonds.
-Added an emerald token.
-Slightly modified the final area, mainly making it easier to land on a platform when using the recovery springs (this means the last in-map emblem's location changed, so make sure you update that!)

Also, on an unrelated note, bug report: exiting Arle Satan Bayoen Zone Tsuu™ via the map command leaves the player stuck with jump-only controls.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back